Hate and Rage 11/09/2008 05:57 AM CST
This is just not right. After searching everywhere I could think to search, I asked Useff if he knew where Northern Ale was for that jerk Malik. Luckily, he did, so I got it from the barge and went down to get my last VT! Hooray!

>get ale
You get a pint of Northern ale from inside your red backpack.
>ask mal about voice
"Hmmm . . . I've changed my mind. I know I asked for this, but I think I'd rather have some lime-basted red darter." Malik shrugs almost apologetically and goes back to work.
>"I'm going to murder you
You say, "I'm going to murder you"
>"I'm going to murder you, have a Cleric raise you, and kill you again
You say, "I'm going to murder you, have a Cleric raise you, and kill you again"

OK, that sucks. But fine, whatever, maybe I took to long looking for the stupid thing. I managed to find a boat ride out to Ratha with a generous friend, because of course he wants something from a Ratha shop. I come back to get my final VT! Yay!

You get some lime-basted red darter from inside your red backpack.
>ask malik about voice
>
"Hmmm . . . I've changed my mind. I know I asked for this, but I think I'd rather have some broiled vegetables and monkfish." Malik shrugs almost apologetically and goes back to work.

Oh good. Now I have to go back to Ratha. Someone please tell me Issus is bugged or something, because this is ridiculous. I don't want to have to go back and buy every food item on the islands just to save myself a trip later.

Gah, so annoyed. >:O

-=Issus=-
Re: Hate and Rage 11/09/2008 08:34 AM CST
That elf should have been replaced long ago. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did with his numbers of "satisfied customers".
Customer Service? Try next door at the tower, they may have something for you.
Re: Hate and Rage 11/09/2008 09:59 AM CST
> Oh good. Now I have to go back to Ratha. Someone please tell me Issus is bugged or something, because this is ridiculous.

Yes, it is ridiculous. Vaeldriil or I will take a look at Boozequest soonish. It's not going to go away anytime soon, but I'm in agreement that he needs to quit changing his mind so much at the very least.

- GM Dartenian

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. - Henry Ford
Re: Hate and Rage 11/09/2008 10:40 AM CST
Not that it fixes the situation at all, but I'd be happy to sail you where ever you need to go to finish the quest Issus. Just let me know.

Micka
Re: Hate and Rage 11/09/2008 02:38 PM CST
That is awful and ridiculous Issus! I only waited about 2 weeks in between (at the most) between my voice throws. He made me go to Ratha for my final one also. But luckily for me he didn't change his mind ever.

Anyway, if you need any help, let me know.

- Terra
_______
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
>chant pyre
Re: Hate and Rage 11/09/2008 04:55 PM CST
Thanks for the offers of help, guys. I just needed to vent a bit since I couldn't actually kill Malik for being a jerk. A friend helped me get back to Ratha and get the item in question, and Malik actually accepted it. Probably saw the burning hate in my eyes and thought twice about messing with me, heh.

Thanks again for the offers, though!

-=Issus=-
Re: Hate and Rage 11/10/2008 11:02 AM CST
You showed Malik your portrait didn't you.

Tabby Faye
Re: Hate and Rage 11/14/2008 08:29 PM CST
I think there's a looooooooooooong line of bards wanting to throttle Malik. And that line would include Dart and I.

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Hate and Rage 11/14/2008 08:40 PM CST
>>I think there's a looooooooooooong line of bards wanting to throttle Malik.

On the bright side, he's only open during the day so you can go get your stuff and get back before he can change his mind again...

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Hate and Rage 11/16/2008 08:27 AM CST
Tea is first in line to cut Maliks throat!

OH MY !! now THAT would be a fun storyline. KILL THE MALIK, over and over and over.

May his throat be forever dry!! and his body itch into eternity!

Gypsy
Re: Hate and Rage 11/16/2008 08:25 PM CST
May "The Nekkid Beer Dance" forever haunt his dreams.

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay