Vocals and Combat 04/10/2008 11:36 AM CDT
Someone tell me again, why we can't learn diddly, useing our best combat enchante Resolve?

We can't learn magic? or vocals? Is that supose to be a penalty for the earth changeing ability to knock something down without it sustaining any injurys??

Does it compare to any other guild useing .. harness, magic, and a similar skill like vocal ranks , to actually effect the strength of something that teaches nothing? I can't think of one.

Tea
Re: Vocals and Combat 04/10/2008 03:32 PM CDT
>>Someone tell me again, why we can't learn diddly, useing our best combat enchante Resolve?
We can't learn magic? or vocals?

This probably falls under the heading of "Nature of the Beast." You've got a couple things working against you here.
1- Enchante experience is based on small experience awarded at numerous times over an extended duration. Since Demrris' Resolve is so short, there aren't enough pulses to see the learning really build up.
2- Someone (sorry, can't remember who) recently noticed there seems to be an enforced downtime between when one enchante ends and when you can start learning experience from a new enchante. If the observation is accurate (I have not tested it myself) then you would not notice learning from Demrris' Resolve if you stopped one enchante to fire it out mid-combat; or if you only sing Demrris' Resolve while fighting then you may not get experience from every instance as the downtime prevents learning from some of them.

Options to consider until this gets officially addressed:
- Sing more enchantes out of combat. Increased learning would offset any missed while in combat.
- Sing a different enchante while in combat. You can still easily fire off a Demrris' Resolve when needed with the assistance of a simple macro, such as: /xstop sing/rchant dmrs/r
Translation: /x (clears the input buffer in case you had started typing something else)
stop sing (stops whatever enchante you are currently playing)
/r (enters the command)
chant dmrs (start singing Demrris' Reslove)
/r (enters the command)

Also if you start singing more enchantes in combat you may find yourself needing Demrris' Resolve less often as you learn what sort of bonuses you're getting from the other songs.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
Re: Vocals and Combat 04/10/2008 07:03 PM CDT
Okies I understand the codeing issues with penaltys game mechanics and such. Timers blah blah. Perhaps thats where the issue needs to be readdressed? one players opinion.

I also realize I could easily learn vocals any other time, useing other enchantes. Nothing has the effect to learn ranged as well as Resolve does. Period. That isn't the complaint, the complaint is Resolve doesn't offer any learning what so ever. I, and I'm sure other bards, have used other enchantes ( and still do ) to experience thier effects/bonus but again, this isn't the complaint. We have one, that people like to use (alot of people) and it doesn't teach anything vocaly, or magicaly. :(

As far as macro keys go, I prefer to be a more earthy type player. I use few mac/key/code/script/button/Fthis junk then most, and like it that way. slippery slope for me, from there its right to the WoW type iconic button, then its onto the PS3 joystick. No thanks. If I can't feel it, I don't wanna play it!

Your thoughts as always, are enlighting, and I thank you for them.

Tea
Re: Vocals and Combat 04/10/2008 10:05 PM CDT
Shavay nailed the reasons down. It's just not a good enchante for learning anything due to the reasons he provided but the upside is it's extremely effective at doing what it does. Personally I'm ok with that since learning magic or vocals is trivial and I seldom use DMRS.