Sanctuary failure 04/10/2016 04:29 PM CDT
Every time I've used Sanctuary in the past, it has worked to completely prevent critter spawn (with the exception of snowbeasts). I was recently testing it out in warklins, however, and found that the warklins were still spawning, even at high levels of mana (23). It was hard to tell, but it seemed like their gen was significantly reduced but definitely not completely turned off.

So I guess I'm just wondering -- first, is this intended? If so, is it still working to reduce spawn at all? And what is it about certain creatures that this spell doesn't work on them?

For what it's worth, my preference is to turn off spawn entirely and create a real "sanctuary". I don't mind if it requires more mana to do that, though if it does I'd like to know what the level is.

- Navesi
Re: Sanctuary failure 04/10/2016 08:16 PM CDT
This is a known bug with warklins (and a few other creatures) and not sanctuary specifically. It has to do with their special (read:old) spawn mechancis.
Re: Sanctuary failure 04/10/2016 09:09 PM CDT
Yup, had this same issue in fire sprites when I was trying to keep the room clear of them to let someone push the boulder to get through the Gate of Souls. Whether Sanctuary works to prevent critter spawn is certainly not reliable.

>For some reason you just can't stop thinking about glarmencouplers.
Re: Sanctuary failure 04/10/2016 09:22 PM CDT
<<Yup, had this same issue in fire sprites when I was trying to keep the room clear of them to let someone push the boulder to get through the Gate of Souls. Whether Sanctuary works to prevent critter spawn is certainly not reliable.

In that specific case, I find an AoE albreda's balm to be very effective. It's what I personally used to get in all of the time.