Drum isn't replace-casting 05/07/2014 05:28 AM CDT
It's also giving weird 3rd person messaging:

>prep drum 15
That will disrupt less than a quarter of your current attunement.
You trace a careful sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Drums of the Snake spell.

>charge my belt 42
[RUB the belt to recharge its hiding properties.]
You harness a large amount of energy and attempt to channel it into your silk belt.
You are able to channel all the energy into the belt.
The silk belt absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

>invoke my belt spell
The silk belt pulses with Elemental energy. You reach for its center and forge a magical link to it, readying all of its mana for your use. By directing your focus, you ensure that mana is drawn only when spells are cast.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

>charge my sphere 43
[RUB the sphere to recharge its hiding properties.]
You harness a large amount of energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth sphere.
You are able to channel all the energy into the sphere.
The cambrinth sphere absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.

>invoke my sphere spell
The cambrinth sphere pulses with Elemental energy. You reach for its center and forge a magical link to it, readying all of its mana for your use. By directing your focus, you ensure that mana is drawn only when spells are cast.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

>cast
You gesture.
Your silk belt emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
Your cambrinth sphere emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
The rhythmic grace of Seldaren's swaying reminds you of your own movements.

>pow
You reach out with your senses and hear radiant streams (15/21) of harmonious Elemental mana coursing through the area.
Concentrating harder on the sounds you hear, you can sense radiant mana (15/21) to the east.
You sense the Drums of the Snake spell upon you, which will last for about one roisan.
You remember a way to combine the weaves of the Cast symbiosis with another spell.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Re: Drum isn't replace-casting 05/07/2014 06:26 AM CDT
Also, the pulse-to-group aspect is still broken.
Re: Drum isn't replace-casting 05/07/2014 10:32 AM CDT
I updated the refresh logic to take duration into account as well as potency, so now a lower potency cast can replace a higher one if the duration of the lower potency cast is better than what is currently left on the higher one.

Also, I fixed that messaging.

Drums doesn't really pulse to group anymore since it's not a cyclic. It will affect groups when you cast it, so cast self/group/area work like they should. The effects will remain on others so long as they are still in the same area as the caster. If a player leaves and comes back, the spell would have to be cast again for the player to benefit again.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Drum isn't replace-casting 05/07/2014 10:44 AM CDT
> I updated the refresh logic to take duration into account as well as potency, so now a lower potency cast can replace a higher one if the duration of the lower potency cast is better than what is currently left on the higher one.

These were both capped potencies, so that shouldn't have been the issue (unless ties went to the old cast).

> Also, I fixed that messaging.

Thank you.

> Drums doesn't really pulse to group anymore since it's not a cyclic.

The pulse-to-group mechanic was invented for non-cyclics, and it's still in use on Rage, Name and Repr. Why does Drum have this weird hybrid, where it's a little like normal spells, and a little like pulse-to-group spells, but worse than either?