Ezruh Lives? 03/12/2016 12:27 PM CST
A missive written in long stylishly looping characters is addressed generally to the Bard Guildleadership and Songsworn:

It has been 43 years since a darkness swept through the Riverhaven Guildhall and struck down our former Guildleader Ezruh. For his own protection he has obviously utilized the skills he learned from the early forming of our Guild to remain hidden from further injury and attack. He was killed for delving into the secrets of the Paladin guild involving an event know only as "The Bonding". A dwarven Paladin named Emille supposedly was the "caretaker of the truth" among other things ("Paladin Guildleader" and "The Fist" among others). Ezruh worked with the Paladin researcher Oane who was accused of treason and also struck down by a shadowy force. The shadowy force around Oane's corpse was so strong that Clerics could not bond his soul back to his body.

Now why should be as a Guild continue to involve itself in these events. One of our former Guildleaders is in hiding and hopefully the Guild leadership has had to the wisdom to assign Songsworn protection to him. The original Paladin council helped to beat back Dzree and the Dragon Priests whom were responsible for the deaths of our Guildleaders and countless guildmates. This shadowy force that the Paladins "bound" must be discovered and our assistance offered if possible.

I am further concerned that my guildmates are not as informed about these troubling events as they should be. I wish to complete a song and history about these events and I ask for the help of the Songsworn and Guildleaders in relating any information they have garnered.

The missive is sealed with wax bearing the symbol of a pear-shaped man holding a cat.

OOC: Since the events with Oane and Ezruh were never concluded I am looking for information on how the guild views these events and the status of Ezruh. Thanks.
Re: Ezruh Lives? 03/12/2016 04:21 PM CST
How are you getting 43 years? That event happened after I joined staffed, I joined six years ago, time is a roughly 4:1 ratio so the upper bound is like 24 years?

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Ezruh Lives? 03/13/2016 06:09 PM CDT
Wasn't it 399 AV? My memory might be going.

-Derivan
Re: Ezruh Lives? 03/13/2016 07:28 PM CDT
It's only 419 right now, so 20 years.
Re: Ezruh Lives? 03/13/2016 08:58 PM CDT
Amends the missive to read 20 years.

-Derivan
Re: Ezruh Lives? 03/19/2016 07:18 PM CDT
So I take it that there are no plans to wrap this up then?

-Derivan
Re: Ezruh Lives? 03/19/2016 07:22 PM CDT
The GM responsible for that plot is long gone unfortunately.

IIRC Raesh or someone did express an interest in picking it up eventually but not any time soon, and it is a mystery whether Bards would have any particular involvement based on what's been posted.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Ezruh Lives? 03/19/2016 08:17 PM CDT
We'll see. That's all I'm willing to say at this time.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Ezruh Lives? 03/19/2016 09:14 PM CDT
>>IIRC Raesh or someone did express an interest in picking it up eventually but not any time soon, and it is a mystery whether Bards would have any particular involvement based on what's been posted.

Yes, Dart is long gone.

I would expect the guild to have some involvement due to the Ezruh plotline needing some wrapping up.

Thanks for the update Raesh.

-Derivan
Re: Ezruh Lives? 03/19/2016 11:57 PM CDT
Just to put my cards on the table slightly.

The events with Oane and Ezruh are not going to resume - at least not where they are. They people involved have long left staff, I've seen no clear summary of where events were going and it wouldn't make IG sense for them to resume at this point.

Will Oane resurface? Maybe.

Will Ezruh resurface? Maybe.

Have we heard the end of the secrets they were uncovering? Doubtful.

-Raesh