Calling All Bards 10/24/2013 03:33 AM CDT
Peri'el Needs Us

In addition to the dreadful premonitions and visions everyone has been having of late, there are several notable ones and points that have a bearing on the last part of this announcement.

Early as the trouble unfolded when the Chrysalis hatched, Rangers sensed the world itself beseeching them. For help.

As the creatures of the Dark Mistress Fright haunt us, attack us, and attempt to turn the course of the world towards her awful dark existence, it is clear that the Ru'atin Sister visiting Zoluren has been targetted, and killed a number of times now, by the one who is called Xitoccanemun the First. Hatched from the Chrysalis of the Dark Mistress. (Hopefully he is called the First because he was first-born, not because he is going to be followed by the Second.)

Earlier this week, Linett, perhaps others, received a vision that was clearly that of Peri'el, asking for help:

<<Catching streams of light, dust motes form the figure of a S'Kra Mur woman. As the motes move around, the detail of her face becomes clearer. Her one eye looks at you in mute and silent appeal. She reaches a hand toward you, as if pleading and the dust particles begin to swirl away leaving you to wonder if the apparition was ever really there at all.

Later during this same invasion, Xitoccanemun began claiming that Peri'el was dead.

As of Tuesday night, Peri'el's altar in the High Temple worked, and gave favors.

By the time Wednesday Night was over, the visions were more grim. The invasion was in the Crossing again. Sometime during that invasion, clerics discovered they could not pray to Peri'el. They would no sooner start the prayer and begin her name, than their tongue would be torn from them.

When the actual attack was over, some of us went up to Peri'el's altar in the Eye of the Thirteen. Where we discovered her altar no longer gave favors.

As we stood there, here is what we saw:

<<A dark shrike flies into the area, alighting silently on the sandalwood altar. It preens its feathers carefully, fixing you with its dark, beady gaze.

We froze. I figured we were all dead. And then ...

<<The shrike cocks its head, then flies away once more. You notice a small white blot on the sandalwood where the shrike was perched.

As if no favor orbs were not enough?

And so, now that I have set the scene for anyone who has not been there, here is where we are calling for a Song Vigil at the Altar of Peri'el in the Eyes of the Thirteen at the Crossings High Temple.

Create songs, long or short to honor Peri'el, to sing lulling songs of support for her endless work at keeping the World Dragon sleeping - or sing some of the traditional song scrolls relating to Peri'el (Peri'el's Song, the Song of Peri'el, or Sleeping Fire are three I know about) we can sing together to show our support for her.

When: Saturday, Oct 26 at 9pm Eastern Time

Shenney has already converted one of the scroll songs into a song you can perform, so that other bards can sing with you in a chorus. I will get a links to all of these song scrolls ready for those who want to support the traditional lore of our guild and land with these performances.

We feel strongly that choruses of voices lifted up might be able to somehow reach her.

We may not be trained by the Sisters - but music is music, right?!

CALLING ALL BARDS - Peri'el Needs Us

Bring your songs of support, of praise, of lullabyes, and anything else you can think of to help the world avert a dreadful future without the Singer at the Heart of the World - who sings us safe every roisaen of every day.

Bring your friends - and their songs!

Dreamheart
- - -
~Dreamheart Delaevan Forestwolf
Broken Bard since January 19, 2013 - 2 Dolefaren 407
Re: Calling All Bards 10/24/2013 01:17 PM CDT
Love it, this is a great idea! :)
Re: Calling All Bards 10/25/2013 07:35 AM CDT
This is such a great idea! So it is really painful to say I have to work that evening. Its funny to think that if I were still the "employee" it would quickly become a sick day, now that they have made me the boss... well no more fun. Please post a log of the Vigil!

Regards,
Vteec
Re: Calling All Bards 10/25/2013 10:54 AM CDT
Can non-Bards come along and make presentations?

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Calling All Bards 10/26/2013 03:09 AM CDT
Bring all the non-bards you want!

Bards are the only ones who can chorus, is all.

I am wondering if there is not great power in a chorus of voices right now.

~D

- - -
Re: Calling All Bards 10/26/2013 05:58 PM CDT
Shenney and I have converted 4 relevant song scrolls to Chorus songs, and I have found one very old song, Slumber, from one of the oldest days of the Guild. I confess I cannot find, or remember, who wrote it. I did not. It is a lullabye for the World Dragon.

They are all now available as chorus songs now at:

http://wrensnesttavern.com/blogs/dreamheart/song-scrolls-for-chorus/

Genie users: As usual, Genie does not support semicolons in anything but SING - so please follow the directions on the page to get all the chorus lines to work in your FE.

- - -
Re: Calling All Bards 10/26/2013 06:24 PM CDT
Bring your sitars and khumaries to play with, as well. Those instruments are both associated with Peri'el.

- - -
Re: Calling All Bards 10/26/2013 07:03 PM CDT
Thanks for those...I just threw them into Notepad++ and replaced all ";" with "\;" was a quick and easy change. :)
Re: Calling All Bards 10/27/2013 11:09 AM CDT

Thank you everyone for this vigil. It was nice to attend a pleasant event.
Re: Calling All Bards 10/28/2013 03:31 AM CDT

>>Thank you everyone for this vigil. It was nice to attend a pleasant event.

It may have been the only event this week that was not overrun with Dergati scum, too. That was such a nice surprise!

~D

- - -
Re: Calling All Bards 10/28/2013 05:44 PM CDT
I fully expected to die at least once during the vigil, so it was great we were able to complete it without being ripped apart in some way :)