Until We Meet Again 10/07/2013 07:49 AM CDT
Pulling out a sheet of parchment and a pen, Silvyrfrost dipped the quill in ink and began to write what she could not put into words previously.

"My dear friends,

"It was much too soon to bid you farewell. That it was in such violence -"

She took a deep breath and hung her head, composing herself once more.

"No matter how, it was too soon.

"Zoranyl,

"It is my fervent hope for you that you are now once more walking at the side of the prince you so faithfully served. Perhaps on the Road, as there is no need for a guard against violence, you may now walk at his side as a friend. And just maybe you now smile as well, instead of showing only the stoic face we who knew you nonetheless loved. Regardless, may your journey be the reward you so fully deserved.

"Lindryl,

Silvyrfrost took another deep breath. She sat back, closed her eyes for a moment, then returned to her writing.

"My dear Sister. Our blood oath of so many years ago still holds in my heart. May you also journey in peace. I pray that the Road bears brandy for you, better than any available here - and I ask that you make sure there is some left for me when my time comes to walk the same Road. I will see you again, my friend, and I will be sure to bear the latest gossip, that we may catch up on events."

"With all my love until we meet again,

"Silvy"

Later that day, the guildleader took the scroll to the table before the ruins. Lighting a candle, the held the parchment in the flame, and watched as it burned, the smoke rising, bearing her final message upward.