Ur-Library 06/11/2012 07:23 PM CDT
As part of the Lore-keepers heritage, and possibly a general bardic perk, I'd love to see the creation of some type of omni-library, linking all known texts in DR to one central location. Sort of a DR 'Library of Alexandria'.

Seems like the epitome of lore keeping, to manage every known tome.

I figure it would be nightmarish and cthulu like on the backend though.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Ur-Library 06/11/2012 09:46 PM CDT
>>I figure it would be nightmarish and cthulu like on the backend though.

Not really, given that it exists and I already have access too it. However, that's because I'm on staff and the whole thing is rather impractical since there's somewhere in the ballpark of 350 IG books.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Ur-Library 06/11/2012 10:14 PM CDT
You asked for events, I think it would make a good one. If the Bard's maybe donated money to have it built and then had some sort of item that would show they went and read through X book which would serve as transposing it to be added to the new library. I think it would be a great adventure and would lead to a lot of players possibly learning a lot of lore they don't already know!
Re: Ur-Library 06/13/2012 11:08 AM CDT
some books though, even bards wouldn't be able to get their hands on.

Such as those in restricted guilds. <thieves, and ... whenever they get the snakes out of the necro guild library...> --0

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Ur-Library 06/13/2012 05:28 PM CDT
I believe you underestimate the sneakiness of survival tert Bards.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Ur-Library 06/13/2012 06:53 PM CDT
Infiltration is all about verse.