A Contest! 05/31/2012 08:04 PM CDT
Hello Bards!

So, I recently traded to obtain a new nijare that was obtained through the Droughtman's Maze contest. This is a weapon that has historically been linked to Bards, though it's unclear if that's more myth than history. However, one thing is sure: They are designed for elemental users. The first person to use it can attune it to an element, and it will change appearance and bond to that person.

Alas, I already have one! And this is an extremely rare item that you can't really benefit from having two of... So what's a poor bard to do? Oh, I know! I'll give it to another Bard! But there must be a contest! Soooooo....

For now, IM me ideas on what sort of contest to hold! The winner will get a nijare! No cost to enter, 50th circle bards or higher are all welcome to compete! I want to make sure this is equal opportunity, so I'll stockpile any ideas people have and come up with a good contest :)

IM ZanderTirade if you think of anything good! I'm thinking, so far, a riddle contest and an improv song writing contest. Any ideas welcome!

-=Issus=-
Re: A Contest! 05/31/2012 08:46 PM CDT
Sounds like fun! :)

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: A Contest! 05/31/2012 09:42 PM CDT
Also we need to start doing meetings. And not around super exotic instruments only. We needs to all bond and be bardly in love with each other and train up noobies and worship Leilond and sing praises in his honor.
Re: A Contest! 06/01/2012 03:09 AM CDT
Hey, sounds fun. Any chance you would lower your circle requirement so I can compete? I'm just about 30th.

- Ixien
Re: A Contest! 06/01/2012 09:05 AM CDT
The circle requirement is essentially there to prevent alts from entering. I'm willing to be flexible on it, but I really really ask that nobody enters unless their main character who they have no intention of selling or abandoning plays. I hate seeing rare items vanish into vaults/alts, which is part of why I'm giving this one away. :)

-=Issus=-
Re: A Contest! 06/01/2012 07:14 PM CDT
>>I'm willing to be flexible on it, but I really really ask that nobody enters unless their main character who they have no intention of selling or abandoning plays.

I have two characters that I spend roughly equal time on, but I will definitely never sell. Can't promise I won't take a break, but I have no intention to for the foreseeable future.

Anyway I don't know if that's good enough, but either way I hope I can make it to the contest at least to watch.

- Ixien
Re: A Contest! 06/01/2012 10:24 PM CDT
Improv song contest! Because that's Bardly and fun.

I also agree with meetings. When I first joined the guild in Crossing, I remember all kinds of Bards sitting in the guild and hanging out. Half of the fun was just talking and laughing with everyone in there. It's really sad that I can go in the guild in basically any area and run my full set of "inside" scripts and not see a single person. :(

Belladulce
Bard Love <3
>> push my bell
You kick one foot out in a graceful arc, and with a dip of your shoulders and a tinkling of toe bells, you pirouette in a dazzling spin!
Re: A Contest! 06/02/2012 10:10 AM CDT
Contest idea: improv love poem written for a randomly selected Bard or person in attendance. And/or Issus.

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: A Contest! 06/03/2012 03:34 PM CDT
Can't fire up aim from here but I've got one:

Write the most absurd alternate bard guild introduction for one of the current guildleaders.

* Malik was just struck down!
Re: A Contest! 06/04/2012 09:37 AM CDT
Thanks for all the suggestions gang! I'll see if I can come up with something good in a timely manner!

-=Issus=-