Events 05/26/2012 12:57 PM CDT
I know you're all use to hearing me talk about the future plans for Bards and World Domination and whatnot, but today we're talking about events.

What sort of events (big and small!) would you like to see for Bards in the future? Are there particular plot lines you'd like to see wrapped up? Do you enjoy plays? Let's hear those ideas.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Events 05/26/2012 01:01 PM CDT
I liked it back when the dragon priest assassins would pop out of nowhere and assassinate random Bards. It caused all of us Bards to talk and work together in a crisis and spurred some great guild interaction :)

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/Leilond
http://drzeal.forumotion.com Learn How to PvP!
Re: Events 05/26/2012 01:21 PM CDT
p.s. I'll also note that one of my most memorable moments was fighting alongside Aveda and a random barbarian on a barge when an assassin decided to choose that moment to target us :P

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/Leilond
http://drzeal.forumotion.com Learn How to PvP!
Re: Events 05/26/2012 01:30 PM CDT
Where are they now? Ezruh. Karovaas.

Aesry Guildhall opening, excitement related to that.

Anything leading up to the release of the heritages.

Anything that helps place Bards within the realms. Wealthy patron wanting to put on a theater production. Etc.

~~
Lupdels
Re: Events 05/26/2012 02:05 PM CDT
I'd like to see something where Bards are put in a leadership role instead of either being the victims of something or just being a background support role. And I'd like it to be really big.

I'd also prefer if the villains were bards. A boss mechanic Bard would be a nightmare: Four of them joined together playing certain enchantes would be awesome to see :D

So I guess I want to see a bunch of evil bards kick the crap out of Elanthia until the bards figure out how to stop them. Perhaps introducing some new sort of item similar to Faenella's Tear (the stone that lights up whenever an enchante is sung) that can be used to stop cyclic spells. Bard only. Because we need something awesome that's bard only. :D

-=Issus=-
Re: Events 05/26/2012 04:27 PM CDT
Evil Bards aren't even a myth. The Bards' Guild snuffs them out and never allows them to be mentioned.
Re: Events 05/26/2012 06:37 PM CDT
I second Issus' motion.

It could even be used to work into the heritages eventually. Perhaps we could see 3 Bards, each with a different ideology of how to combat these "evil bards" and recruiting players to help them with their method. Possibly even ending up with in the finale all 3 having to work together to take down ubber bad Bard men.
Re: Events 05/26/2012 06:45 PM CDT
I've always had a vague interest in the Ru'atin Peri'el. They're bard-like, if not actually bards.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Events 05/26/2012 07:53 PM CDT
So what I'm hearing is Leilond whats me to kill Bards more (And with Dragon Priests) and Issus is a coward :P

>>I'd like to see something where Bards are put in a leadership role instead of either being the victims of something or just being a background support role.

Seriously though, I understand where you're coming from and I think it's a fair request.

>>I'd also prefer if the villains were bards.

I've had a half baked idea for a Bard Villain for awhile now that you would not want to meet. So it could happen.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Events 05/26/2012 08:26 PM CDT
In my mind, bard vs. bard is too in-fighting-ish. Bards being repressed by the 'evil' Dragon priests or old empire looking to revive itself and blaming bards? Lots of people can get in on an underdog match (even if bards aren't, technically). Or similar.

If the idea is to get a lot of people involved, a char who can summon invasions reasonably would be a good idea. Ergo a pied-piper, or a necromancer, or an orc/goblin chief, etc. Or if it's more bard oriented, I think the DP popups are a great idea.

How about several different enemy types, some immune to all but elemental based attacks (magic or otherwise), barring scream I guess, some immune to everything but physical attacks. I would have suggested more types, but I'm not really sure how you could lore or playact a mob to death. In general, something that highlights the effectiveness of a particular player at performing his or her 'heritage' best, as a semi-avataristic showing. Could rely on having a handful of well known and respected (or infamous) players selected for each of the heritages in a preliminary membership selection, with corresponding GMNPCs walking about.

Course my bards are either in plat (useless) or super duper mega low (sub 30), so...not a lot of actual input worth taking I guess.

I've always been more of a fan of big static well scheduled events, with supporting actions like periodic invasions, blockades, etc.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Events 05/26/2012 09:19 PM CDT
Weren't the Bards involved with that Paladin event, where one of their guild leaders were taken off and stuff?

Re: Events 05/27/2012 07:19 AM CDT
ezruh is still missing plat-side as well.

I'd like to see something having to do with Ru'at Periel as well, even though my bard plat-side is a dwarf. :-)

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Events 05/27/2012 08:56 AM CDT
I was also thinking that finding out "What happened to..." Ezruh and Kavoraas would be neat.

Maybe some sort of task for a group to help an NPC infiltrate a hostile location with the goal of stealing some important piece of lore or secret... whether by stealth or by force.

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Events 05/27/2012 02:12 PM CDT
Also, did anything ever shake out with the other provinces for the recall contest?

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Events 05/27/2012 02:24 PM CDT
What ever became of that Yalleck? Is he still around and hostile towards the guild?

Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting preparation.
Re: Events 05/27/2012 04:00 PM CDT
>>Ezruh

You haven't seen the last of him.

>>Kavoraas

Or him.

>>Paladin event stuff

... Will need me to talk to Paladin people. Frankly I have no more information on what's going on there than you do.

>>Also, did anything ever shake out with the other provinces for the recall contest?

I totally forgot about it when all the recall stuff got pushed to the back burner. My fault entirely. I'm hoping to jump back into Recall in the nearish future, but I'm in the middle of a few short term projects first that have a much higher "Time Invested vs Player Reward" ratio. Also my RL will be a lot less crazy in a few weeks, so there's that.

>>Yalleck

Him I'm not sure about off the cuff.

-Raesh

Re: Events 05/29/2012 02:51 PM CDT
Well... past events I'd like to see wrapped up:

Yalleck, he's still around last I checked and needs to be kicked, we were about to do just that when the event fizzled and disappeared. I miss blue cloaks

Therinos, last time I've seen this guy he was thinking about a bid for power if I'm not mistaken. I'd like to see him try.

Karovaas, I'd actually like him to come back center stage, do the above and succeed. With all pardon to Silvy and the others, I want one guildleader with a little nastier attitude (I know I'm setting myself up for the retort here, hehe).

Ezruh, I'll be very happy if the bardic leadership will get their heads out of whatever scroll they were writing and remember that someone else decided he could remove a bardic guildleader and they did nothing about it.

Most of all I want something big. I want a story and I want it to go on for a while, not just get tidbits of mini events, hopefully something that will gear a bit of interest to bards and might even pull a few people in. I know I'm optimistic but hey...

Oh yes, and get Malik killed, just for the fun of it.

* Malik was just struck down!
Re: Events 05/29/2012 02:53 PM CDT
I support a Malik death.

-=Issus=-
Re: Events 05/29/2012 07:02 PM CDT
<<I support a Malik death.>>

concur and applaud!

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Events 05/30/2012 07:44 PM CDT

I don't know that it was necessarily their (you know, the ebil "them" out there behind this) specific intent to drive Ezruh out. They weren't happy about something he did/said/saw/wrote/somthing, and in a roundabout way, they seem to have had that effect, true.

You'll remember, though, that he made the decision to leave - and you neeeeverr know what kind of things might be going on behind-the-scenes.

There are more Songsworn than just Saecihlaya out there, after all.

-V.
Re: Events 05/30/2012 11:52 PM CDT
Nooooo I love Malik. In my character's RP, he played a big role and gave me my first set of instruments!

Can we just beat him up badly and have him kidnapped instead?

Belladulce
Bard Love <3
>> push my bell
You kick one foot out in a graceful arc, and with a dip of your shoulders and a tinkling of toe bells, you pirouette in a dazzling spin!
Re: Events 05/31/2012 09:21 AM CDT
Nope. Death. I'm going to kill him by beating him to death with a harp.

-=Issus=-
Re: Events 06/11/2012 11:43 AM CDT
Since I have just returned from a bit of time away, this question may have popped up, but since you are asking, Raesh. grins I came back and found out about the glass constructs. My mind immediately went to Bard + Glass = Shattered Construct. Perhaps Bards can be the "hero" regarding these constructs by using their screams? Not sure what mechanics it would take to do this and it may be completely insane, but it seems an excellent opportunity for Bards to be able to step up and save others from the onslaught rather than be the one slaughtered (though that may not happen to those like Leilond).

P.S. Let me know when you are ready to talk theatre.

You hear a male voice from the east yell "REPENT! THE END IS NIGH!"
You yell, "How long do I have to repent?"
You hear a male voice from the east yell, "Moments!"
You yell, "I'm doomed."
Re: Events 06/11/2012 05:01 PM CDT
>>My mind immediately went to Bard + Glass = Shattered Construct. Perhaps Bards can be the "hero" regarding these constructs by using their screams?

No.

-Raesh

Re: Events 06/11/2012 05:08 PM CDT
>>No.

What if it causes a sonic ultra explosion that causes shards to fly everywhere in a 5 room radius for 10x the damage.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Events 06/11/2012 05:18 PM CDT
>>What if it causes a sonic ultra explosion that causes shards to fly everywhere in a 5 room radius for 10x the damage.

No.

-Raesh

Re: Events 06/11/2012 07:10 PM CDT
Yep, I knew were hated.
Re: Events 06/11/2012 07:20 PM CDT
>Yep, I knew we're hated.

Even I thought it was stupid.

And I suggested they force Crystal hand monks to be anime stereotypes.

FYI: Glass is not magically 'fragile' to sonic. It's the specific shape of crystal glasses which cause them to resonate fast enough that they shatter from vibrating back and forth.

Solid glass wouldn't do this any more than a solid rock would. Possibly glass would be even more resistant to sonic or resonating attacks since it's homogenous, and doesn't have the inclusions and imperfections a rock would.

Also, you're dealing with necromantically animated glass homonuculi so this is all pointless.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.