Screams 05/31/2020 03:49 PM CDT
What skillset are screams tied to? Or is it only to mojo? Is there a cap on the amount of damage or buffs screams can do?
Re: Screams 05/31/2020 04:55 PM CDT
They scale with Mojo and Performance, and are defended with standard defense skills. Concussive and Havoc also train melee mastery but I am unsure if melee mastery can positively affect their power like it can for weapon ranks.

Concussive's multi-hits scale at the same rate as throwing blades, so you'll be guaranteed to cap the number of hits around 450 ranks.

Higher skill with Havoc (relative to a critter's defenses) gives you a better chance at the maximum success (knockdown).

Defiance's buff timer expands with Performance and chance to remove debuffs like stuns increases with charisma.
Re: Screams 05/31/2020 11:42 PM CDT
So what is the damage cap, at what rank of performance? The same as reaching max hits?

How does mojo scale with screams? Is it based on remaining amount of mojo? Total pool?
Re: Screams 06/01/2020 01:01 PM CDT

>So what is the damage cap, at what rank of performance? The same as reaching max hits?

They scale exactly like throwing blades for Bards, so you're guaranteed to get max hits at 450 ranks of performance, yes.

>How does mojo scale with screams? Is it based on remaining amount of mojo? Total pool?

Mojo is like mana, it's simply a pool used to power abilities like screams. It doesn't scale with screams in any way, or interact with them outside using "juice" to allow you to use them. Scream costs are also fixed. Do a practice assess when you're at max mana, use a scream, and then do a practice assess again. This will give you a good idea how much screams cost.
Re: Screams 06/02/2020 09:33 PM CDT
If a get max hits at 450, with 900 ranks do I double the damage or is it capped regardless at 450? If so, why such a low cap?

If mojo is like mana and performance (or bardic lore?) ranks are the ability to utilize the "juice" (to some non-scaling level) based on "fixed" costs, that sounds a lot to me like spells that don't scale properly. This begs the question, what is the purpose of screams if they just act like spells, but don't work as well? The way forward (as I believe was previously discussed) may be to convert them to spells so that they fall under a fully developed system versus a "juice" + lore/performance versus "general" defense contest which seems not fully fleshed out.
Re: Screams 06/03/2020 01:01 AM CDT
>If a get max hits at 450, with 900 ranks do I double the damage or is it capped regardless at 450? If so, why such a low cap?

The damage, to my knowledge, is treated like weapon damage and scales to the cap (1750 ranks) relative to the critter's defense score. 450 ranks is just when you're guaranteed the max number of hits, it doesn't mean the damage stops scaling with your performance skill.

Just think scream concussive as literal throwing blades powered by mojo and you'll have the idea.

>If mojo is like mana and performance (or bardic lore?) ranks are the ability to utilize the "juice" (to some non-scaling level) based on "fixed" costs, that sounds a lot to me like spells that don't scale properly. This begs the question, what is the purpose of screams if they just act like spells, but don't work as well? The way forward (as I believe was previously discussed) may be to convert them to spells so that they fall under a fully developed system versus a "juice" + lore/performance versus "general" defense contest which seems not fully fleshed out.

They're neat supplemental abilities that can be used at any point and are not restricted at all by other spells you're casting like some enchantes are.

IMO they would all be strictly worse as enchantes or spells, because they can currently be used in conjunction with any spell. You can scream concussive while using Naga for combined damage. Scream Defiance in particular is great because it can be use when stunned etc., whereas casting is not possible when stunned, so it would be worse in most situations.

Can they be improved? Do Bards need more screams? Should mojo pool scale? Maybe yes to all these things, but screams as currently constructed still have their uses, especially Defiance.
Re: Screams 06/16/2020 08:48 PM CDT
I wish we could edit posts.

I've never seen multi hits when using scream concussive and it is never more than 4/23 damage. I have several hundred ranks in any possibly related skill. I.e. performace, bardic lore, light thrown. Is there a different syntax to use other than just SCREAM CONCUSSIVE? And are you sure you're not just misunderstanding the wiki desription "Basic damage-dealing attack that scales similarly to throwing blades" to mean it provides multiple hits? Given that I've never seen multi hits I just always thought it meant the damage output of its single hit compares to what a single hit of a stacking-type throwing blade does. It didn't even cross my mind that it meant you get multiple hits from it.

Don't get me wrong... having it be multi hit would be nice. But it's not what I'm seeing at all.

LT: 269 21%
Perform: 372 95%
BardLore: 476 77%
Re: Screams 06/19/2020 06:36 AM CDT
My Bard's not currently active so I can't double-check, I could have sworn it did multi-hit. I don't believe it has ever changed.

Can you post messaging?
Re: Screams 06/19/2020 03:32 PM CDT
I've played a Bard since 2001 and it has never once multi-hit for me since it went live.

I paid more attention to it the last couple of days because of this thread, and while it never multi-hit it did reach up to 7/23 damage on at level creatures a couple of times but only when it was the killing blow but that's just the normal damage increase that happens when you hit an already very damaged area. The usual damage it did was 2/23 to 4/23 on at level stuff. Here's the requested messaging on a musk hog, so the damage is higher:

> scream concussive

You turn to face a musk hog.
Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a musk hog. The concussive blast lands an extremely heavy hit against a musk hog's chest!
Roundtime: 1 sec.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
R>
Learned: Performance, Melee Mastery, Bardic Lore