Playacting -- Room Submissions 08/11/2002 03:11 PM CDT
Heya guys!

Just for future reference, I thought I'd post some directions on requesting playacting rooms here. A long while back we'd been asking for room suggestions from you folks, and I still have that list here, but I'd like to open up that list for submissions once again. Once we've got a nice selection compiled we'll go through it to see which rooms are possible to convert to playacting, then armwrestle the various owners of the areas in question to submitting to our will. ;)

What makes a room suitable for playacting? Not just any room that you pass by, of course. But what are the rooms that you've gazed around at and thought 'This would be the perfect place for a performance, too bad we can't...'? What rooms seem to be written especially for performances, lectures, meetings, and songs, yet don't support the bardic ability to add that extra bit of 'life' to their actions? Where do people often find themselves looking for company, chatting, or teaching ... in short, which places has the player culture made perfect for gatherings? These are just a few of the things to keep in mind, but they give you a starting point in what determines that a room should be playactable.

To ask that a room be enabled for playacting you may:

1) POST a message to the "Suggestions and Discussion -- Enchantes and Special Abilities" folder. Please make sure that the subject has some mention of playacting in it, so that others can easily go through the posts and compile a list (such as if the computer eats my copy, or anyone wants a copy for their own records). The post should also detail the following information about the room:
a. room name
b. room description
c. area the room is in (inside the Temple of Light, outside blood wolves on Aesry, etc.)

OR

2) Email DR-DERYKA@PLAY.NET with the subject line "ROOMS FOR PLAYACTING" or something similar. Please also include:
a. room name
b. room description
c. area the room is in (inside the Temple of Light, outside blood wolves on Aesry, etc.)

OR

3) Use the BUG verb WHILE IN THE ROOM. Use the following syntax:
"BUG Deryka you should be able to playact in this room."
(No more, no less. This will make sure it gets to the right person and give me the code needed to go directly to that room.)

As a final note on the three methods above, if the room you're submitting for playacting is one that you'd especially like playacting in please state that. Either at the end of your post, at the end of your email, or appended to the bug report.

This isn't a one-time deal. If six months down the road someone opens a new area, or you find a new room in an old area, that you feel should have playacting enabled in it, feel free to use one of the methods above to ask for it. <g>

If there are any questions on this at all, please post them in the "Suggestions and Discussion -- Enchantes and Special Abilities" folder and they'll be answered as best that they can. Thanks guys!

Deryka