Enchantes FAQ: Where, When, Why, and How 04/15/2002 04:42 PM CDT
Even though I know with certainty we're going to revisit this subject down the road, I figured it couldn't hurt to post some common questions and answers here for the interim.

Q: What are the current Bardic Enchantes?
A: The currently released bardic enchantes are Hodierna's Lilt, the Eye of Kertigen, Faenella's Grace, Drums of the Snake, Rage of the Clans, Redeemer's Pride, Meraud's Blessing, Nexus, Eillie's Cry, Demrris' Resolve, and the Naming of Tears. Cursory descriptions of each enchante can be found by asking any guildleader about them. (Ex: ASK SILVYRFROST ABOUT HODIERNA'S LILT) In addition, several bards have posted in the past, as well as made websites, listing out each enchante with a more detailed description of what they believe each one does.

If you folks who have such websites want, you can respond to this in the abilities/enchantes folder with a URL or link, and after a week I'll gather them up and post them here so that everyone will be able to find them without digging. :)

Q: How do I stop singing? (You knew I had to put in this one.)
A: Type STOP SING.

Q: Hey, I've got an enchante that doesn't work. It doesn't even message when I use it. What's up with that?
A: Not all of the enchantes granted when you circle have been created yet. Some are still on the 'proposed' list, and some may yet be replaced in the future with other enchantes. The only working enchantes are those listed above.

Q: Does Redeemer's Pride do anything useful?
A: Sure it does! But right now the problem with the Pride is that there is a distinct dearth of support for it. Namely, things that provoke fear. We're trying to address this lack, but if you can think of any ways to help, feel free to post them!

Q: What are the proposed (future) Bardic Enchantes?
A: The bardic enchantes that are planned for upcoming release (date yet to be determined) can be found at http://lightning.prohosting.com/~hoome1/. This list may be tweaked and changed as time goes on, but you folks will be notified as this happens.

Q: That's a nice list, but which one are you actually working on?
A: Focus is the one next slated for release, and is currently in developmental stages.

Q: What about the enchantes we suggested that aren't on that list?
A: Enchantes not on that list are neither forgotten or lost, if that's what you're worrying about. The ones on that list are just ones that have gone through the hurdles and passed the appropriate red tape to make it as far as 'proposed'. There are a great many more enchantes we would like to create that are not on that list, but are waiting on us to whittle down the current worklist first.

More Q & A will be posted as I remember more of the common questions. :)

Deryka