Very Sad News 04/04/2009 08:54 AM CDT
Not knowing where else to post this, I have come to this folder.

Our dear friend Don, the original soul of Mendasity has passed
on today. He will be sorely missed. Please say a prayer for him.

With great sadness
Junzaa Rik'la

That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do..not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our ability to do it has increased. Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 10:00 AM CDT
Much love and many prayers for Don's family.

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 10:15 AM CDT
Mendasity was a wonderful roleplayer and a terrific person, always willing to help lower players. May he rest in peace.
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 10:31 AM CDT
:( What a great guy. He always had a friendly face on and a kind word. Not only the realms, but the world is a little sadder today.

I wish his family all the best. He will be missed dearly.

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 01:36 PM CDT
:(

Condolences.
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 02:21 PM CDT
Sorry to hear it. He was a forging legend.
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 03:29 PM CDT
I hope you don't mind, but I crossposted this to Outside Elanthia - Life in the Real World / Losses to Our Community. I feel others should have the right to know, since he touched so many people. Damn I hate cliches, but it's true.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 04:26 PM CDT
My prays are with his family and his weapons in my sheath.

Look scimitar
Impressed into the metal is the image of a hammer and anvil surrounded by bold letters spelling out the name, "Mendasity".
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 05:09 PM CDT
Mendasity was always one of the first people to offer help if you needed it when you stepped foot on Mriss. He was always there to tell you a good story or offer a little piece of advice. Dragonrealms and the real world lost a good friend. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Vorheis
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 06:10 PM CDT
Today is a sad day indeed. We lost a legend. My thoughts and prayers go with his family. He will be missed..

~ Stravos
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 07:56 PM CDT
My best wishes to his family.

- Simon
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 09:58 PM CDT
Today is a sad sad day indeed. We lost a brother, a friend and a legend. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He will be missed.

- Denz Stravos

Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 10:25 PM CDT
:( Knew he wasn't doing good the last time I talked to him. Shame to hear the end came, but at least he doesn't have to suffer anymore. You'll always be remembered old friend. You always made the game worth playing.

Brabs
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2009 11:27 PM CDT
Although I did not know him, I heard of him numerous times as I am sure everyone has......that is what makes a legend. His name will last the lifetime of the realms. My prayers are with his family and friends.....thank you Mendasity

-Codiax

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Very Sad News 04/05/2009 03:37 AM CDT
He was a great guy. I'm sorry to hear of his passing but I am also glad the suffering is over for him. He's definitely missed.

===
There are those that invest large amounts of time into bragging about what they do. Then there are those that use that time to do more.
Re: Very Sad News 04/05/2009 08:17 AM CDT
My best wishes to his family. :(

Nikpack

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Very Sad News 04/05/2009 10:56 AM CDT
Thank you Raist for cross posting, I should have
thought of that. Guess my mind is elsewhere.

Junzaa

That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do..not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our ability to do it has increased. Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Very Sad News 04/05/2009 11:12 AM CDT
Under the circumstances, Junzaa, I'm not surprised.

Mendasity was one of the greats- and not everyone reads all folders- Not even me.

Feel better.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Very Sad News 04/06/2009 05:38 AM CDT
Menda is and always will be one of the "legacy" forgers in DR. And a damn good sort of guy to boot. Rest well, friend.

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer in training
Re: Very Sad News 04/06/2009 06:13 AM CDT
He will be sorely missed. The first time I started playing DR, he gave me my first forged weapon. Just because and it lead to a great conversation. He was a rare and classy person. The world is a bit dimmer having lost him.

Oderint Dum Metuant
Re: Very Sad News 04/06/2009 06:28 AM CDT
Mendasity, touched many a life IC and OOC he will be truely missed. It is times like these that it would be nice that some kind of recall be made for characters that added richness to our Elanthian world. This would ensure that they are never ever forgotten.

You will be missed very much!

Miv
The time has come to choose your alligence, even more so to show it.
Re: Very Sad News 04/06/2009 09:20 AM CDT
This is very sad news indeed. I regret not having taken the opportunity to get to know him better when I had it. He will be missed, and he most certainly will be remembered. I offer my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

- Siduire
Re: Very Sad News 03/18/2010 01:18 AM CDT
I know I'm WAY late coming to the game on this topic (I dont spend much time on the forums and I think I'm writing this because I'm upset and looking to vent). Unfortunately I knew as soon as I saw the topic come up what this was probably in regards to. Does anyone with knowledge of the situation know if he ever received a transplant?

I still remember the day that Menda made his very first weapon. Menda and myself (I played a barb named Huskarl at the time) were in the SCC forge playing around with the new system (this was in early 2000). He was circle 52 at the time and he had been playing for about a year. We were playing around with MEs and HEs and I would go to the crossing and attempt to GIVE blades away to people at the crossing bank (which was nothing like today). After several weeks of playing around with mixes I had an auction where I managed to sell about 20-30 weapons for 1-5 plats a piece which was pennies compared to what Shadowar, Magdar, Pendus, Edgee and a few others who were already established were charging at the time.

Eventually we learned what we were doing and through persistance and frankly undercutting the market, Mendasity became a household name (it taught me a great lesson in economics). Whats great about this story in my mind was the generosity that this man showed to the people he knew and many he didnt know. He was always giving more than he took. I know there are several boats floating around elanthia from his generosity to players and there are people that made thousands of dollars from this mans kindness. Although there is a large gap in my mind from the time I didnt play DR and rarely spoke to him outside of the game, he touched my life in a profound way as he did many others.

I would give anything to get a "Bet ya din din" about now.

You are a legend Menda
Re: Very Sad News 03/21/2010 05:56 PM CDT
As far as I am aware no he did not get his transplant.

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
-Thucydides

http://www.theapostlesorder.org/
Re: Very Sad News 04/04/2010 10:43 AM CDT

Menda was a great friend to so many,the game is a little less friendly without him around.