Pikes 10/27/2008 05:16 PM CDT
I was wondering if anyone around that still forged pikes? I remember getting a couple years ago but was just playing around with them and I think I gave them away. Now that I actually train it I can't seem to find one anywhere.
Re: Pikes 10/28/2008 08:20 PM CDT
If you want an actual pike, then buy one from crossing weapon shop since the weight has been reduced and they are the same as the best forged pike. Other than that there are really no pike weapons worth forging.

New studies show that Brawndo has the mana plants crave.
Re: Pikes 10/29/2008 03:06 AM CDT
I make a 21 stone javelin that is pike/HT .. look me up
Xixist
Pikes or Halberds 03/10/2009 03:11 PM CDT
Just made 30th, realized that now I can joust. I hear that I can either use a Halberd or a Pike to joust with. so...
1. Does weapon skill effect jousting outcomes?
2. Which is better to joust with (assuming equal skill)
3. which is easier to train
4. which is more effective
5. any good combo suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Re: Pikes or Halberds 03/11/2009 08:58 AM CDT
>3. which is easier to train
>4. which is more effective

The way it is currently, halberd is by far a better weapon class than pike for normal combat. Dramatically so. I can't speak to jousting though, never tried it.
Re: Pikes or Halberds 03/11/2009 02:07 PM CDT
No difference between the two as far as I can tell. The jousting formula appears to take the ranks of the highest and drops that number into the formula.

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: Pikes or Halberds 03/11/2009 03:46 PM CDT
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but why is this in the smithing topic? o.O

"Gene police! You, out of the pool!"

"Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
Re: Pikes or Halberds 03/12/2009 08:00 PM CDT
If you're looking for a pike better than store bought (full pike especially) you're probably looking for me. I know xixist has gotten into this market recently as well, but to date, I believe he has only worked on min. weight javelins. For most people, a pike from any shop will produce the same RT as a 5000000000 pike, due to RT caps that went into effect 2 years ago? I forget exactly when, but it doesn't matter. Cap is 6 seconds.

I have a few options available for full pikes. 87 stones (min forge weight), g/l/l f/p AS (store pikes are SF and not much lighter), 95 stones, g/l/l f/f AS, and 120 stones s/l/l p/f AS. If you're interested, talk to me.

I'm working on halberds as well, my current best is m/m/l f/p AS 37 stones, but I expect it will get to h/h/l within a month or two...given I don't disappear.
Re: Pikes or Halberds 03/12/2009 08:03 PM CDT
Slicer halberd combo - draw slice sweep chop

Stabber combo - thrust lunge jab slam

Stabber Pike combo - jab thrust lunge [slam, if you have the fatigue]

Khuj and Ngalio - jab sweep slam