Barb Forgers 07/24/2008 10:08 PM CDT
Hardiin has reached a point in his young career in which he needs to upgrade his weaponry. I have talked to a fellow barb who said that he had been sold a bastard sword for 8-10 plat from another member. As the bastard swords on the tables in the market all seem substantially more expensive than this, I was hoping to find someone who could sell me a bastard sword directly, forgoing the middle man. It doesn't need to be the greatest sword in the realms by any stretch, I primarily just want a two-hander that can parry and to lighten up my backpack. I want to make it cear I'm not asking for any type of hand out and I will pay, was just hoping for a cost well under 17 plat. Whether you are a forger yourself, or just an old weapon you have outgrown and wish to unload I am interested.

Hardiin
Re: Barb Forgers 07/26/2008 03:11 PM CDT
If you go down to shard and buy a bastie (store bought) it will run you 25 pk (about 18pd without embelishments). A well forged weapon is far superior to store bought and should cost accordingly. Not everyone agrees with me on this, but I would give away one of my forged bastie before selling below store bought.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Barb Forgers 07/28/2008 12:08 AM CDT
I always felt it was ridiculous to sell swords for so much money and always charged from 7-12 plat a blade depending on the type (Whether capped LE, ME, HE or 2HE).

Apparently I'll be jumping back in the business soon, so no idea what my trader will be charging.

~Player behind Korutu Rippentropp
Re: Barb Forgers 07/28/2008 11:46 AM CDT
>Apparently I'll be jumping back in the business soon, so no idea what my trader will be charging.

36 stone bastard sword, plz.

Re: Barb Forgers 07/28/2008 11:58 AM CDT
Korutu, I never did get to finish our conversation. Did you get what you needed already?

-Master Ndin
Re: Barb Forgers 07/29/2008 08:36 PM CDT
Hardiin,

Sorry for the slow post on this but I sell my 28 basties for about 8 plat. You can reach me on IM at Warlord Lancel or find me in game I'm hangin around crossings at the moment.

Lancel

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
-Thucydides

http://RissanMerchant.homelinux.net:8888
Re: Barb Forgers 08/02/2008 07:17 PM CDT
>>If you go down to shard and buy a bastie (store bought) it will run you 25 pk (about 18pd without embelishments). A well forged weapon is far superior to store bought and should cost accordingly. Not everyone agrees with me on this, but I would give away one of my forged bastie before selling below store bought.

Besides the damage differences and weight there is also the time it takes to make them. I usually didn't sell them for 25 mainly because I couldn't sell mine for that much with all the people who could make better would sell for less. I refused to go go below 15-20 at a minimum back when I was forging and felt should be store cost at the minimum.

Since so many sell for below store cost on bastard swords I for the most part stick with broadswords when I do happen to do a little. Depending on the quality I usually was selling them for 5 - 10 plat range.