Stat Templates 03/25/2008 11:10 PM CDT
Something I think I'd like to see (in theory) is stat dependent templates. What do I mean? I mean you're hammering away on a glinukgobly-goo (it's probably s'kra for something) and you get a response such as:

no matter how hard you try, you just don't seem to be agile enough to shape that weapon.
as you begin to swing your hammer, you pause a moment and realize you don't have any idea how to continue.
as you slam your hammer down, the metal doesn't even dent. Maybe you should try excercising once in a while?

Templates requiring minimum stats in strength, agility, intelligence.... could probably make an arguement for wisdom, maybe even stamina or reflex, but I will kill anyone who argues for charisma. Kill you dead!

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Stat Templates 03/25/2008 11:54 PM CDT
I am imagining barbarian weapon templates that have a roar, dance, berserk, or meditation requirement to craft and embueing such with effects of those abilities.
Xixist
Re: Stat Templates 03/26/2008 01:14 AM CDT
>but I will kill anyone who argues for charisma.

What if you were crafting a pewter mirror?
Re: Stat Templates 03/26/2008 01:15 AM CDT
>>but I will kill anyone who argues for charisma.

Hmmm, that gives me an idea....Oh Dartenian?

GM Oolan Jeel

"This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish. Only an organizing genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish at the same time." Aneurin Bevan, May 1945, on World War II rationing and shortages in England.
Re: Stat Templates 03/29/2008 02:58 PM CDT
So... how do you kill a GM?

TFers need not apply :P

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Stat Templates 03/29/2008 04:50 PM CDT
>So... how do you kill a GM?

Make it look like an accident.

The Declaration of Independence grants Americans the right to pursue happiness, but if caught, you must return it to the pharmaceutical companies.
Re: Stat Templates 03/29/2008 05:06 PM CDT
divide by zero. never fails....

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>