Changes 09/11/2007 05:11 AM CDT
Well, as we all do eventualy, I've decided to return to DR after my 16 month break. I was reading up on the boards to see what i've missed and saw in this folder that something happened with grinding (I think) that causesd a big huff, even causing Menda to leave?? Anyone care to clue me in?
Re: Changes 09/11/2007 09:48 AM CDT
There was an old bug causing certain high-skill players to roll-over and become unable to pound decent quality items. As more and more people became affected and reported the problem, the GMs sought to fix the bug.

The fix accidentally broke forging and made grinding impossible. Due to the development occuring on Forging 2.0 and the complicated nature of the bug, it was decided to not fix the new bug and instead focus on Forging 2.0.

Regardless, over time it looks like grinding has gotten itself back to normal and work on Forging 2.0 is continuing as well. Now don't anyone go rocking the boat :P Someobody always fall in, and I'm in my fancy plate mail!

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Changes 09/11/2007 09:49 AM CDT
thats why you always spray that sword or that piece of armor with RUST-GUARD! :-)

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Changes 09/11/2007 12:06 PM CDT
Hmm, well I suppose the dried blood of my enemies makes a pretty good sealer too...

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Any Forging Changes of Note 07/25/2009 03:03 PM CDT
Any changes of note in the past two years or so?

~ Bractos
Re: Any Forging Changes of Note 07/26/2009 10:11 AM CDT
No. Now go back away again. :P

Just kidding man. Gimme your horse.

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer of Therengia

Caraamon loudly asks, "Ya still got tasks fer us ta do, Les?"
>
The Barbarian Guildleader Les says, "Kill. Don't care what. Make dead."
Re: Any Forging Changes of Note 07/26/2009 03:03 PM CDT
Thanks. I was too lazy to go and test and find out.

<<Gimme your horse.

You mean nightmare?
I would, but it was already given to another a while back.

~ Bractos
Re: Any Forging Changes of Note 07/27/2009 06:59 PM CDT
Boo! I shall kill the infidel and take the Nightmare for myself! Muahahah!

Caveat: unless it's Vinjince or someone insanely bigger than me, then I shall weep like a girl.

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer of Therengia

Caraamon loudly asks, "Ya still got tasks fer us ta do, Les?"
>
The Barbarian Guildleader Les says, "Kill. Don't care what. Make dead."