Question 09/09/2005 10:50 PM CDT
To Iayn or anyone else that may know the answer, are there specific situations when our IF recovers faster than others? For example, if my inner fire drops all the way to 0, does it recover slower than if my inner fire drops 1/2 the way? I'm asking because it seems like there are times when my IF recover significantly faster than it does at other times. And this is when I'm just sitting around, not killing critters to rebuild fire. I also meditate the same number of times when it's recovering.
Re: Question 09/10/2005 07:29 AM CDT
Do some testing and post some results? I've not noticed on the few times I actually sit to let my fire rebuild that any particular time I regain faster than at other times. Generally I'm out hunting to rebuild my fire, though what you say is interesting.

Armsman Maulem~

"The truth is that ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more death. However fully thought through, well executed violence never leads to more violence because afterwards, the other guys are all dead." ~Commander Ternith Sjomah
Re: Question 09/10/2005 10:47 AM CDT
You'll have to conduct your own testing on that.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Question 09/10/2005 10:49 AM CDT
>>You'll have to conduct your own testing on that.

PAFO!

Ryeka, ducking and running

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Question 09/26/2006 08:15 PM CDT
Has anyone tested to see if more IF is spent when berserking out of a dance as opposed to stopping the dance and then berserking?

For human facial expressions, it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile.

People who smile are lazy.
Re: Question 09/27/2006 07:17 AM CDT
Unless you were being sarcastic, Rayje, I doubt there's anyone prime, plat or TF who can berserk out of a dance yet. There might be, but if so, no one's mentioned it yet.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Question 09/27/2006 10:47 AM CDT
Not berserk with a dance, berserk out of a dance, heh. 80th circle.

pat pat, where is your title spreadsheet?

I am --- Navak
Re: Question 09/27/2006 02:09 PM CDT
Oh yeah. Read that backwards. Sorry.

As for the spreadsheet, waiting on the reqs for the last batch of titles before I release it for public consumption. I couldn't figure out a good way to automate it since there are so many different types of requirements for titles, so it will essentially be a checklist you can sort as you please.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Question 09/28/2006 11:13 PM CDT
Berserking out of Dance
Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of pristine quality burning outward at twice your height.
Dance (no pulse before meditating on amulet)
Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending a little more than one and half times your height above your body.
Berserk (immediately after RT and first meditate with no pulse before meditating on amulet)
Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of flames that extends nearly your full height again above you.

Stopping dance then berserking
Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of pristine quality burning outward at twice your height.\
Dance (no pulse before meditating on amulet)
Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending a little more than one and half times your height above your body.
Stop Dance
Berserk (immediatly after stop dance with no pulse before meditatiing on amulet)
Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending a little over half your height again above you.

Looks like you get more bang for your buck by berserking out of a dance instead of stopping it first. Thoughts?

Rhadyn da Dwarb
Re: Question 09/28/2006 11:27 PM CDT
>>Looks like you get more bang for your buck by berserking out of a dance instead of stopping it first. Thoughts?

Would like some more tests since it seems the big perk cost a chunk of IF, breaking a stun saps IF.

By sapping more IF, if it really is sapping more, that would indicate the berserk is more powerful.

Less IF you have, the less IF a berserk will use down to a minimum amount where the berserk will not activate at all.

So, if you can do this test in the forge, with blood and measure strength of blood from full IF, blood after berserking out of a dance (swan), then blood doing stop and then berserk that would be good.

One thing I could think of helping is that strength/agility/stam fuel berserks, and dragon boosts all of those so a berserk would be stronger if it used the dragon/bear/panther etc... stats or whatever.

I am --- Navak