Gryphon hunting 08/27/2008 01:16 AM CDT
I don't even know how this happened, to be honest. I get light to good hits most of the time on these guys, at least for the first few swings...

The young forest gryphon closes to melee range on you!
>
Your rage burns harshly, quickening your step and reactions.
>
* Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, a young forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You barely block with a spiked iron buckler. The beak lands a glancing strike to your back.
[You're invigorated, energetic, shaky, nimbly balanced with no advantage.]
>
>draw
< Moving with incredible power and control, you step backward and then slice at a young forest gryphon. A young forest gryphon fails to dodge, only partially avoiding the impact. The greatsword lands an extremely heavy hit that cleaves the foe clean through from collarbone to hips.
A young forest gryphon collapses into a lifeless mound of fur and feathers.
[You're slightly off balance]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]

One-hit-kill somehow. Fun stuff!

Twohanded Edged: 212 72.00% mind lock

You hear the ghostly voice of Reaperscythe exclaim, "I'm a freaking necromancer I ripple an twitch with totally sweet power!!"

"My character almost never CvCs unless turnips are eaten in his presence." -Gulph's player
Re: Gryphon hunting 08/27/2008 09:26 AM CDT
You just got a really good roll, greatswords use 4d29 dice.

Re: Gryphon hunting 08/27/2008 09:30 AM CDT
The heck did you find a d29?

thog power attack for 1d12 + 567 damage! grrr!

I sure hope he rolls a 1 for damage!

-- Mozzik, the Fateweaver

Caelumia says, "I love the tools even more."
Re: Gryphon hunting 08/27/2008 11:27 AM CDT
<<You just got a really good roll>>

That's what I was thinkin. Greatswords can get pretty wicked.

You hear the ghostly voice of Reaperscythe exclaim, "I'm a freaking necromancer I ripple an twitch with totally sweet power!!"

"My character almost never CvCs unless turnips are eaten in his presence." -Gulph's player