stealthy barbs: need input 08/14/2008 10:38 AM CDT
For those of you that have trained stealth adequately to use it at level into the 500+ range, how many weapons did you train/what weapons did you train? What critters did you hunt? How did you manage your stealth stats at certain levels?

What strategies did you use to keep stealth moving along (ie just hiding at melee or retreating to pole to hide, advance and ambushing with a bunch of weapons, using poach from missile, combination ect)

Drachus - Interprovincial Gold Champion, Kaith Kirm 370 AV - Open Team Combat, Division 2
Re: stealthy barbs: need input 08/14/2008 11:53 AM CDT
I trained stealths with melee weapons in the north barricade of celps. Typically I'd be dancing with 1, killing melee with 2 and 3, and with 4 or more (which happened a LOT) I would retreat to pole, advance, hide, and ambush until hiding was locked, then I'd stay out of hiding til multi was locked, and go back to the ambush thing. I most often trained HE, 2HE, occasionally ME, shield and parry, along with the stealths.

After I capped celps for melee, I went to seords and trained all 3 bows to about 550 and stealths got close to 700 by poaching.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
Re: stealthy barbs: need input 08/14/2008 12:05 PM CDT
I know most prime Barbs just roar lash and hide at missile or pole, then wait for voice recovery and do it again.

I don't have 500+ stealths like you asked, mine are low 300s right now, but a sizeable amount above my weapons.

My method is pretty simple; I retreat to pole and hide, stalk, poach/fire or advance and ambush.

Discipline, after I circle, will be my highest stat and will remain my highest stat.

I use 3 main weapons; Brawling, ME, and LX. Every now and then I'll go backtrain 2he and HE a bit, making sure I'm hiding and stalking every critter I kill.
Re: stealthy barbs: need input 08/14/2008 12:17 PM CDT
thanks

Drachus - Interprovincial Gold Champion, Kaith Kirm 370 AV - Open Team Combat, Division 2
Re: stealthy barbs: need input 08/14/2008 01:03 PM CDT
Good old hide/stalk/poach carried me a loooong way.

Now it doesn't even matter what weapon I'm currently learning.

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: stealthy barbs: need input 08/14/2008 01:58 PM CDT
Any trouble combining stealth with berserks?

Re: stealthy barbs: need input 08/14/2008 02:01 PM CDT
>Any trouble combining stealth with berserks?

I generally don't berserk unless I've just gotten my backside handed to me, so I really couldn't say. Though, earlier on I was able to hide and stalk just fine while using Nightmare.

Re: stealthy barbs: need input 08/14/2008 04:34 PM CDT
Shoot left eye was my favorite trick for my old barb training stealth in celps. With only 200's in hiding and stalking I was able to keep it moving pretty well by hiding and poaching after I landed a big stun.

My 40th circle barb in prime has hiding as his highest skill, but he's training LX and I pretty much have him hide everytime he takes a shot.

Norm
Re: stealthy barbs: need input 08/14/2008 05:24 PM CDT
is that Grungy?

dude! IM me sometime at DrachusDR