Brawling woes 03/04/2008 12:04 AM CST
Alright. I've been out of DR for a little while so could anyone inform me if brawling has undergone some major changes that made brawling moves harder to pull off than they used to be? I'm not a high circle or anything, but at 58 ranks in brawling I can't even tackle/grapple ship's rats anymore. I've tried getting up to incred balance, I've tried while they're stunned, but can't get even get close to pinning one. before I took my vacation from DR I was breaking rock troll necks. So what did I miss that I need to start working to improve again so I can go back to choking the life out of things? (and if it has to come up.. Strength: 18, Agility: 18, Reflex: 16 in case any of those became overly important)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Shazza says, "Hey, if you're an empath and you're not at least somewhat kind, then you were probably forced into your profession by your parents and should be shot."
Re: Brawling woes 03/04/2008 12:37 AM CST
Non-damaging brawling moves do not function the way they were meant to right now. This is a known problem and will someday be addressed. So don't worry you aren't broken...it's just the system.
Re: Brawling woes 03/04/2008 08:41 AM CST
>>Non-damaging brawling moves do not function the way they were meant to right now. This is a known problem and will someday be addressed. So don't worry you aren't broken...it's just the system.

Yup. It's not that you're doing anything wrong at all: Grapple simply doesn't work. It's being worked on though.

Meanwhile, I've found that throwing brawling moves in with my regular combat teaches marvelously well.

Good luck!

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Brawling woes 03/06/2008 12:58 AM CST
>>Grapple simply doesn't work. It's being worked on though.

Yup. I actually got a GM to tell me the ETA... unfortunatly it was the tradmarked "between now and teh hear-death of the universe". Really. :)

--Player of many, master of none--