Back again 06/12/2007 12:21 PM CDT
Okay guys, I need advise from the infinite wisdom that is Barbarian - I've just started in snoblins, which are awesome for learning everything but multi - I can dance with two no problem and lock everything up, but if I block stop, sometimes they'll get a naughty hit in, and since they do impact damage I get stunned easily, can't retreat, wind up in a night/stone/blood situation, more come in, can't retreat, THUD - Yea I have 61 deaths at 24th circle (GO team me!) Anyway here are the revelant skills/stats.

Shield Usage: 101 03% mind lock Leather Armor: 106 16% mind lock
Light Chain: 105 34% pondering Heavy Chain: 96 09% thoughtful
Parry Ability: 131 17% thoughtful Multi Opponent: 120 39% thoughtful <<<<< can't get it past thoughtful!
Light Edged: 92 40% muddled Medium Edged: 111 41% very muddled
Heavy Edged: 97 88% learning Twohanded Edged: 93 32% pondering
Short Bow: 98 63% learning Long Bow: 110 77% pondering
Brawling: 64 16% learning Evasion: 115 30% bewildered
Climbing: 94 29% perplexing Perception: 111 37% learning
Hiding: 115 94% muddled Stalking: 111 75% muddled
Skinning: 74 61% muddled

Strength : 28 Reflex : 18
Agility : 22 Charisma : 13
Discipline : 18 Wisdom : 18
Intelligence : 17 Stamina : 18

I'd appreciate some advise as to how to maximise my multi learning potential (other hunting areas if possible) whilst still managing to keep all weapons locked. Ideas?
Re: Back again 06/12/2007 12:29 PM CDT
Silver leucros in Ratha would do well for you, I think.

< You clamp your teeth on an arbelog's abdomen gnashing it with painful bites that cuts deeply into its groin.
An arbelog is moderately stunned!
An arbelog hisses out a whispered curse as it stumbles, falls, then dies.
[You're very badly balanced]
Re: Back again 06/12/2007 12:38 PM CDT
I actually tried those and didn't stick it out for more than a day - The weapons learning is abyssmal and there's far too few of them to even keep anything locked (This is about 10-15 ranks ago on all skills) =( Thanks anyway though..
Re: Back again 06/12/2007 12:44 PM CDT
That's a well-trained barb you've got. Try heading up to Vines and Creepers in Theren. If you can't lock MO in 90 seconds there, something's wrong. Train more reflex, by the way, and get all your stats to at least 20.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Back again 06/12/2007 02:33 PM CDT
Thank you!! Funny you say that because I just came from there (SO boring), though I may consider going back if that's my only option - How about hunting in Hibavawhateveritscalled? Haven't tried that place yet.
Re: Back again 06/12/2007 04:31 PM CDT
You'll be ready for bloodvines pretty much as soon as you graduate from creepers and vines. They're great.

And I think you should try leucs again, they move decently fast once you've been there a little while.

-Durnil
Re: Back again 06/12/2007 05:41 PM CDT
Reflexes to 20

-Galren Moonskin

Messenger Boy: The Thessalonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
Re: Back again 06/12/2007 05:55 PM CDT
Reflexes to 20, got it salute - Bloodvines; skinnable? What ranks do you need to begin on the cusp of skill?

In regards to Leucro, I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to lock just one weapon, let alone defenses - I'll head back to Ratha and give em a go though

Thanks all for your advice.
Re: Back again 06/12/2007 06:25 PM CDT
Sadly your getting to the point where MO becomes work.. You aren't quite there, but almost. Blood vines, Swains with a few more ranks ....
Re: Back again 06/12/2007 11:56 PM CDT
Not skinnable. I have no idea what ranks you'd need to start being effective, but at least 130, I'd say. Don't know how good of a boost barbs can get at those ranks.

-Durnil
Re: Back again 06/13/2007 07:29 AM CDT
General rule for defensive learning... choose an area with good gen rates and critters with no weapons that attack quickly.

That aside, very nice overall training job. Good balance.

I disagree with strength being that disproportionately high, but such is the general barbarian trend.

As some responses have suggested, you're approaching the area where multi becomes work and dangerous unless your defensive capabilities exceed their attack power by just the right amount.
Re: Back again 06/13/2007 02:05 PM CDT
Thank you all for your responses - I'm trying to plan and train my barbarian correctly to ensure I don't suffer months of backtraining.

One more question, which areas do you feel has the best critter progression? And could you name the next 5 critter areas which will allow me to benefit from good weapon learning and defense?

My other char is survival prime, so I generally went for natural creatures, and would dance for hours, not neccessarily worrying about gen rate, but I often feel frustrated as weapons learning with a Barbarian can often be so slow (Irony), hence why all my skills are even!!

And yes I agree Kumi, I'm slowing down on strength training for a good while - 4-6 RTs on the lightest forged weapons aren't fun!

Thanks again guys.
Re: Back again 06/13/2007 06:37 PM CDT
I think for me it was

Premy Snowbeast (swarmy in the Premy area)

Swain

Hatchling/Blackleucro

If you keep everything close (which is hard to do, Black Leucro will take you Island Pecs...see La'heke)

Swamp Trolls and Fens

La'heke (with the changes I don't know if this is good)

Island Pecs

Caracals/Gryphons

I like swarmy baturals. Natural keep the defense moving, Swarmy keep the weapons moving..
Re: Back again 06/14/2007 04:18 PM CDT
If you need a little on the MO end go to the Northern end of the Vines/Creepers area, there are a more Marauders to work your higher weapons a little.

Vines/Creepers are still locking 4 armors at 125, MO at 143, and keep 5 - 94 point weapons pondering. Marauders will work the weapons a little more, and might even work your evasion some and sometimes give boxes for disarm and lockpick. If you need skinning take your brawling up to bloodwolves and skin with an halbred. If you need easier boxes pull a few from the trolls in the area.

mfberg
Re: Back again 08/14/2007 02:05 PM CDT
I think you can skip alot of cretures of you balance your charicter good. I always go with unarmed critters except for sand sprites, since they pay far too well to ignore. if money is no object you may prefer bloodwolves, which are almost same thing just no knives.

you SHOULD be able to go

Heggarangi Frogs. Riverhaven, Pejek Bog, to 26 ranks

Unarmed Field Goblins. Crossing west gate orchard, to 42 ranks

Grass Eels. Crossing, Orchard riverbed, to 58 ranks

Beisswurms. Stone Clan, Abandoned Mine, to 80 ranks

Sand Sprites. Ratha, First Tier, The Wreck of the Seerah, to 100 ranks

Silver Leucros. Ratha, Fourth Tier, Reshalian Trade Road., to 129 ranks

Kra'hei Hatchlings. Ratha, Sewers. to 180 ranks

Ochre la'heke. Ratha, Wreck of the Seerah. to 240 ranks.

Peccaries. M'Riss, The Altanen River. to 280 ranks.

Dobek Moruryn. Ratha, Cavern of Glass. to 360 ranks

Kra'hei's. Ratha, Ehhrsk Highway. to 400 ranks.

Some of these involve some large but doable jump. there are some inbetween critters that arnt ideal to train on for their whole spectrum, but may help for transitioning between the main creture list.

Between beisswurms and sprites you can train in NTR rocktrolls.

Between leucros and hatchlings you can train in bawdy swains.

Between peccs and dobeks you can train in forest Geni's.

Thats my hunting progression list anyways...
Re: Back again 08/14/2007 08:13 PM CDT
Kra'hei Hatchlings. Ratha, Sewers. to 180 ranks

Ochre la'heke. Ratha, Wreck of the Seerah. to 240 ranks.

Since the changes, fighting in la'heke is a terrible terrible situation, either berserk so you can always jump back up, or dance swan. They're tough to stay standing. Alternatively, for hatchlings you can fight deadwood dryads in p5, near boar clan, and for la'heke, you can fight blight ogres, also by boar clan.

< You clamp your teeth on an arbelog's abdomen gnashing it with painful bites that cuts deeply into its groin.
An arbelog is moderately stunned!
An arbelog hisses out a whispered curse as it stumbles, falls, then dies.
[You're very badly balanced]
Re: Back again 08/16/2007 04:34 PM CDT
nice suggestion. i may head that way to check em out. never been to p5 yet.
Re: Back again 08/23/2007 12:21 PM CDT
Speaking of back....the insane one is back. Great seeing most of you. :D Come hunt with me if you see me and thanks to the ugly bald Drevid for getting me back up to speed on some of the changes. <3 <3

Or say hi by trying to kill me, that works too.

~Player behind Korutu
Re: Back again 08/23/2007 12:48 PM CDT
On it.

-Galren Moonskin

!>You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde screaming in barbaric approval of your deeds.