Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 01:40 PM CDT

>throw kez
< Driving in like an adept combatant, you throw a big-noggin throwing hammer at Kezurek. Kezurek blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
The throwing hammer lands nearby!
[You're winded, shaky, nimbly balanced and in better position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
>get ham
You pick up a big-noggin throwing hammer.
>
Kezurek gestures at you.
Something slippery as an eel creeps into your soul, engendering a sense of profound introspection. You are thrown into a void of spiritual oppression.
You suddenly drop to your knees before Kezurek, closing your eyes in shame.
>throw kez
...wait 24 seconds.
>
Kezurek begins to advance on you!
Kezurek is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>bers stone
...wait 22 seconds.
>
Kezurek bows her head and chants a prayer.
>
You spring to your feet in a sudden burst of vicious strength and balance!
Your rage burns harshly, quickening your step and reactions.
>
Kezurek whistles a merry tune.
>
The black cat purrs, "Woo woo! Go uh.. both of you!"
>
Kezurek closes to pole weapon range on you!
>
Kezurek says, "Damn barbs."
>roar shr
...wait 12 seconds.
>
Kezurek closes to melee range on you!
>roar shr
...wait 9 seconds.
>roar shr
...wait 8 seconds.
>
* Moving with powerful grace, Kezurek steps backward and then slices at you. You block with a polished oval shield etched with a raven pecking at a pile of gems.
[You're shaky, solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
>
>
A shimmering mirror of shadows appears momentarily in the air above, briefly revealing Lasciel's face.
>
* Driving in like an unbeatable force, Kezurek sweeps a gleaming silver scimitar at you. You partially block with a polished oval shield etched with a raven pecking at a pile of gems. The scimitar lands a harmless blow to your right leg.
[You're shaky, nimbly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
>
Kezurek chortles softly at some secret joke.
>bers night
Growling like a dog latched onto a fresh kill, you delight in the power and rage of your bloodthirst. Dark crimson fills your view, showing your enemies as the victims they truly are!
>
* Moving with powerful grace, Kezurek slices a gleaming silver scimitar at you. You partially block with a polished oval shield etched with a raven pecking at a pile of gems. The scimitar lands a light hit to your back.
[You're bruised, mighty, solidly balanced with opponent in very strong position.]
>roar shr
With unrelenting battle fury and sublime confidence, you recall your training in the Death's Shriek technique and voice your power in a roar of true warrior's rage.
Kezurek turns pale and clutches her chest in absolute fright. With a pained gasp, she falls to the ground and exhales her last breath as her heart ceases to beat.

Kezurek falls down!
Kezurek's in shock and dying!

>
* Storrs was just struck down!
>
Kezurek stirs a bit.
>'oh my goodness
You say, "Oh my goodness."
>
>stow
After a quick glance at your surroundings, you place your throwing hammer in your leather holster.
>sigh
You sigh.
>l
[Mycthengelde, Flatlands]
Your world is a crimson haze. Shapes and figures loom out of the bloody fog as you seek your next kill. You also see a black cat.
Also in the room: Kezurek.
>
Kezurek stirs a bit.
>sigh
You sigh.
>get hamm
You get a big-noggin throwing hammer from inside your leather holster.
>throw kez
Kezurek's silver glow flares.
< Moving in with powerful grace, you throw a big-noggin throwing hammer at Kezurek. Kezurek barely blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The hammer lands a demolishing hit that explodes the chest in a shower of blood and splintered ribs.
The throwing hammer falls to the ground!

An indescribable voice whispers in your mind, "Excellent. Excellent! A fine kill. Our benefactors have placed a hefty sum on Kezurek's head - 11715 Kronars, to be exact. Contact one of my people to claim your reward"

* Fligm just assassinated Kezurek!
* Kezurek is slain before your eyes!
Kezurek's gleaming silver scimitar falls to the ground.

Tendrils of ethereal blue light suddenly enwreathe Kezurek, fading from view as they race in a swirling pattern down her body, disappearing into the ground.
[You're solidly balanced]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 01:45 PM CDT
I would say that being under the effect of a berserk helped. :)

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 01:52 PM CDT
You didn't kill him outright. It took a pulse. I believe that roar gives a serve internal chest bleed, knocks them unconscious, and gives them a 99% vitality hit, but don't quote me.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 02:07 PM CDT
Death's Shriek will be eliminated when our abilities get rewritten. Current design philosophy is that any damage dealt must be skill-based. Lethal damage stat contests are going away.

There is the small possibility that we will get a roar that causes damage but it will most likely be based off the vocals skill (I'd love for this to happen).

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 02:11 PM CDT
>There is the small possibility that we will get a roar that causes damage but it will most likely be based off the vocals skill (I'd love for this to happen).

That would be awesome.

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 02:15 PM CDT
Though I have no idea what kind of ability it would be, I think it's theoretically not impossible that we could get an ability that works on the sneer quoted "Targeted Magic" skill, as Armifer put it in his overview of Magic 3. I don't think it would be at all desirable unless it had a hell of a niche, but I think it's not completely off the table.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 02:32 PM CDT
Surprising, nice roaring...

I have shriek and never even thought to use it on a foe that is close to the same lvl....just assumed it would never be powerful enough to be lethal to my opponent.

What is your charisma if I might ask? Perhaps, your charisma just overwhelmed your targets fear resistance stat..(discipline?)

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 02:37 PM CDT
>>I have shriek and never even thought to use it on a foe that is close to the same lvl....just assumed it would never be powerful enough to be lethal to my opponent.

Nightmare berserk and being at melee (especially the latter) makes it almost impossible to defend against roars, even Shriek.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 08:42 PM CDT
I have 32 Charisma and was under Nightmare and Stone.
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 08:45 PM CDT
Really? So the goal with that would be to wait until melee before using that roar? Would that make even the minor effect of Shriek more...um...possible i guess is the word im looking for. Or should i always try the shriek/wail combo outright?
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 09:36 PM CDT
>>Really? So the goal with that would be to wait until melee before using that roar?

Yeah. It's what Vinjince wrote; being at melee seems to have a sizable positive effect on the strength of using roars. That combined with Nightmare put you over the top.

Nice kill, btw.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Just killed a target with a roar...didnt think that was possible 10/09/2010 11:35 PM CDT
thanks for info. Cool I guess. I never could kill critters at melee in my younger circles (0-60?). I can't say though as I haven't tried much because i always failed before. So I tried again today:

>ass
You assess your combat situation...

You (nimbly balanced) are facing a Maelshyvean cinder beast (1) at melee range.
A Maelshyvean cinder beast (1: solidly balanced) is facing you at melee range.
A Maelshyvean cinder beast (2: nimbly balanced) is flanking you at melee range.

(You are also defending against a Maelshyvean cinder beast.)
>roar shriek
>
The cinder beast moves into a position to dodge.
>
* A Maelshyvean cinder beast chops a heavy black steel broadsword at you. You dodge.
[You're shaky, solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
>
With unrelenting battle fury and sublime confidence, you recall your training in the Death's Shriek technique and voice your power in a roar of true warrior's rage.
A Maelshyvean cinder beast turns pale and clutches its chest in absolute fright. With a pained gasp, it falls to the ground and exhales its last breath as its heart ceases to beat.
A Maelshyvean cinder beast crashes to the ground with a final growl as the fire within its eyes extinguishes, revealing two empty sockets in its face. Blood begins to pour from its maw steadily, immersing it in a shallow pool.
A Maelshyvean cinder beast falls to its knees in fear.
>ass
You assess your combat situation...

A Maelshyvean cinder beast (2: kneeling and badly balanced) is flanking you at melee range.

So I got 1 and the secondary effect on the other. This is with 50 charisma currently which is fairly OK for 85th circle I believe?

but better than I expected. Maybe the stat contest gets easier as you get higher? I am still surprised you killed your opponent...It would be interesting to know what their stats were.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html