Pit - Arena 01/19/2009 10:03 AM CST
So - with NJP's last post, this seems like a good time for me to ask...

I have been in the Arena before, but not the Pit.

Are the rules (system rules) the same or different? Is there a spectator area in the Pit? Do they both have scoring systems?

Also - the one in Ratha - is that a Savage Pit or an Arena?

Thank you!

--Vyraka--
Re: Pit - Arena 01/19/2009 10:25 AM CST
I think the Ratha one is a pit.

- Simon
Re: Pit - Arena 01/20/2009 05:07 PM CST
Vyraka,

Pit rules for the crossing and ratha pits (both scored) are...no hiding, no magic, no ranged.

The crossing and ratha pits have viewing stands, as does the amphitheater in Therenborough.

I've not been in the Arena, assuming you mean the one in crossing.

As far as fighting pits/arenas go, there's one in Theren also, north-ish from the bank. It is not on the scoring system, but has a viewing area, a triage room, and a cool way to enter, thanks to Alvy. There are no rules for this fighting area, so it's very flexible. I've run a LOT of different types of contests up here, from your usual one on one type tournies, to full on, battle royale/last man standing types.

Also, there's a fight pit in SCC, that supposedly allows team fighting. It's not on the scoring system to my knowledge. There are some weird rules there that someone else that's fought there can elaborate on. I seem to recall something about it being multi room, but they strip off all your armor and weapons, and only allow you to choose certain ones. There was a rumor long ago about a seed of life/auto rez thing too, but that might just have been a rumor.

Outside of these places, and the cemetery of course, there's a really cool ancient colliseum in TC that just BEGS to be used for a fighting area. I've only ever been up there once, and that was on accident from a teleport box gone awry, but it looked really cool. Too bad it's in TC.

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer in training
Re: Pit - Arena 01/20/2009 05:18 PM CST
Oh good lord! Was Agonar's last combat maneuver WHIRLWIND? LOL!

Thanks for posting that.

Stumara can still kick Mo's butt though! ;)

- Simon
Re: Pit - Arena 01/20/2009 06:20 PM CST
>>Stumara can still kick Mo's butt though! ;)

We may never know; they'd both have to put down their booze and grub long enough to take a serious swing, and that could take a while.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo because the status is not quo." - Dr. Horrible