Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/06/2007 07:57 PM CDT
When: Friday 7/6 10pm est
Where: Crossing Pit
What: Dust and Rust! Drag out those weapons you hardly ever use and bring them to be cleansed in the blood of your opponents in the pit! 150 ranks and under only, tellexp to register.
Entry fee: 1 plat kronar
Payouts: 75% of intake to top fighter of the night.

War Hawk Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/06/2007 10:08 PM CDT
8 entered. 1 emeerged victorious. Congrats to Schvartzgonif!

War Hawk Maulem~

Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/11/2007 07:32 PM CDT
If you are under the influence of a CJ can you still enter the Pits? Or do you get thrown out like if you have a spell put up?

Just curious.

"...you do not deserve Ability X just because another guild received it." -Armifer

"Sabbra Caddabra" your skill/title/ability is now mine.
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/11/2007 08:05 PM CDT
Tis a simple way to find out - just use a charge of the CJ and then enter the pit. Just be sure to post here before you do so folks and come and help you out. :)

- Savage Gash Breaknow
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/11/2007 09:52 PM CDT
If so then that sucks.

CJs gotta be the thing I hate the most in this game.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/11/2007 11:22 PM CDT
If you can get in with a CJ working, post here and I'll fix it. Pretty sure you can't, but I forget offhand.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Guru
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/12/2007 12:26 PM CDT
<<If so then that sucks.
<<CJs gotta be the thing I hate the most in this game.
<<Vinjince

I was hoping not. I'm not a barbarian and could actually use CJs if I so chose to... but I would have to say that I too hate that CJs exist.

At most they should give a 10 rank boost to help someone do something when it is JUST out of reach. All guilds already have spells/abilities to boost things that they really need. Something beyond that should be very limited IMO.

Anyway, I was just curious if someone would have been able to walk into that pit fight with 150 in a weapon but have a CJ for it that boosts it another 100 ranks or so :)

"...you do not deserve Ability X just because another guild received it." -Armifer

Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/12/2007 05:20 PM CDT
While I'm fairly sure no one used a CJ, this lil fight taught me the true meaning of agility.

Just over 100 ranks with 50-ish in agility whupped up on just about everybody.

Probably won't do another fight of this kind due to the agility factor, although the fights went fairly quickly.

Look for more and different kinds of fights from me in the future.

War Hawk Maulem~

Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/13/2007 09:45 AM CDT
yeah agility and reflex def help.....im close to that in both and i think it made a big differrence for me.....even with the defenses downed.

Warlord Catullus
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/13/2007 11:00 AM CDT
>.....even with the defenses downed.

If you actually DID stance down before being called out on it, it would have been a little different. Odd that you can parry after typing Stance Parry 0. Cheater.

>yeah agility and reflex def help

Agility would have played a pretty small role while attacking against a kneeling opponent with 0 defenses who is not wearing armor. At that point it's mostly weapon skill, weapon damage, and the attacking maneuver used.

Reflex doesn't do anything with all defensive stances at 0; so yes, reflex did help you. Cheater.

-Bitter Mizorhath-

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/13/2007 11:50 AM CDT
>Reflex doesn't do anything with all defensive stances at 0; so yes, reflex did help you. Cheater.

I forgot this was the case, but I just tested and its true. At 0% parry stance, you will not even get messaging that you attempted to parry. And at 0% evasion you won't be able to dodge a ship's rat, even with 70 reflex.
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/13/2007 04:29 PM CDT
I didn't cheat....i'm almost 100% my stances were set correctly....it was a fast paced event and i had no macros or anything setup. If i didn't stance down all the way it was purely accidental. Why would i cheat for 6 plats? If i was gonna cheat I woulda won too. I didn't even realize you were talking about me in the pit or else I woulda said somethin'.

We can go at it again if ya like

Warlord Catullus
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/13/2007 04:34 PM CDT
Catullus why don't you face a real pit warrior like me. Top weapon vs. top weapon.

Blood Savage Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/13/2007 04:53 PM CDT
I'm game

Warlord Catullus
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/13/2007 06:05 PM CDT
<<Catullus why don't you face a real pit warrior like me. Top weapon vs. top weapon.

When? I wanna watch.

Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/13/2007 06:06 PM CDT
I'll be gone for the next few days so beginning of the week is good for me

Warlord Catullus
Re: Reminder, Dust and Rust fight tonight 9pm est! 07/14/2007 10:48 AM CDT
>>I'll be gone for the next few days so beginning of the week is good for me-Warlord Catullus<<

Good to hear, FYI after i kill you please don't report.

Thanks.

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

You might as well pay attention since your behind can't afford free speech

I'm like a pee stained mattress, don't sleep on me!