Here's one for the books 06/13/2007 08:22 PM CDT
So i'm in the guild in crossing. Along comes a mage that I haven't seen in a while and he challenges me...I accept. I advance and feint...boom a good hit(nice) I draw(one helluva hit) and Kill him and get taken to jail....I'm thinking wow what happened I know we challenged!!!!!?????? I'm in jail and still can't figure out what happened. I then realize when shortening his name there was someone in the room that had a name that was similar(within the first 3 letters). I killed an innocent bystander!!!! Poor guy was juggling in the guild minding his own business!!!!

Man did i feel like an idiot!!!!!! So the moral of the story is...when shortening someone's name make sure you don't make any mistakes!!!!!!

I've witheld any names to protect the innoocent.

Lord of Pain Catullus
Re: Here's one for the books 06/13/2007 08:34 PM CDT
<<I've witheld any names to protect the innoocent.

You may have wanted to withold your own to protect the not so wise..{snicker} To everyone else consider this a PSA from Catullus....Protect the poor fellow in the corner, type out the WHOLE name. ;)

GameMaster Niamah
Barbarian Liaison

"Give them nothing, take from them, everything!"
Re: Here's one for the books 06/13/2007 08:35 PM CDT
P.S. Thanks for the post, best laugh I have had in a good while! :)

GameMaster Niamah
Barbarian Liaison

"Give them nothing, take from them, everything!"
Re: Here's one for the books 06/13/2007 08:38 PM CDT
heh.....the mage i went against is still laughing!!! He won!!!

I felt really bad but if someone did it to me i guess i'd be laughing too. The guy took it really really well!!! Sorry to the one I ghosted!!!!

Lord of Pain Catullus
Re: Here's one for the books 06/13/2007 08:39 PM CDT
and i forgot to mention that everything happened within 20 seconds....so i was totally lost!!!

Lord of Pain Catullus
Re: Here's one for the books 06/13/2007 08:51 PM CDT
I did that on the green on Ratha once.. Went after some snarky cleric and killed the poor empath in the corner instead.
Re: Here's one for the books 06/13/2007 09:04 PM CDT
yeeeooouch!!

well i guess mine wasn't that bad

Lord of Pain Catullus
Re: Here's one for the books 06/13/2007 09:11 PM CDT
Re: Naz.

Worst. Assassin. Ever.
Re: Here's one for the books 06/13/2007 09:16 PM CDT
Hah! yeah you were there for that.
Re: Here's one for the books 06/13/2007 10:41 PM CDT
A friend of mine killed people reguarly in invasions when he used to play, because he would shorten words to one or two letters and fire his DSX. And didn't Viperas have a signature about not killing her when she hunted? Don't feel too bad, it happens.
Re: Here's one for the books 06/14/2007 09:09 AM CDT
Classic.
Depending on your name, some hunting areas have high friendly fire dangers.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Guru
Re: Here's one for the books 06/14/2007 09:43 AM CDT
Aye! When I was of an age to hunt Adan'f mages.. I had that trouble..

NO NO! Advance MAGE not MAG!

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Here's one for the books 06/14/2007 11:12 AM CDT
::LOL!:: Not to mention a guy named Gargantua who used to hunt- you guessed it, gargoyles! It was really bad in the lair. I never had an accident with him, but I bet others have!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Here's one for the books 06/14/2007 12:32 PM CDT
That's as bad as an old Barb friend named Gargon. Back in a time long, long ago a crowd of us were waiting on the south side of the Haven ferry and gargoyles invaded. Guess who died first.

Daereth
Re: Here's one for the books 06/17/2007 08:45 AM CDT
When Horbart used to hunt Madmen in Dirge and Madmage would walk by. Only stuck him with an arrow once.

mfberg