Are you ready... 04/01/2007 11:46 AM CDT
for The Guild Wars renewd???

This time, we handle it the savage way!

Installment Number One: Barbarian Whack a Mage (war or moon)

The rules are simple...
Barbs must prove their mettle without fancy dances or rages or roars. If you truly are a beast, you need no such crutches to handle the mana slingers.

To make things even more interesting...
Although I am doing to do my best to establish circle brackets (the exact nature will be determined by who shows up on time), I am handicapping the match. War Mages will have a 5 circle grace buffer. So if a bracket ends at 20 circles, a 25th mage is elligible (but can participate in the 25th-whatever bracket. Not both.) Moon mages have a 10 circle buffer.

We have to give them a chance, don't we?

The question is, are you willing to put your pride on the line in the event one takes you down???

Time: Tonight, Sunday, April 1st at 8pm Eastern.

Prizes... I'll be honest... I haven't figured them out yet. I'm sort of trying to conserve what I have to purchase some necessary gear but I have never held back when I could to offer meaningful awards (reference the Razor).

Round-robin format. If a bracket has at least 3 members, a 1 shot playoff determines victor. If a bracket has 2, it's best 2/3 to determine the champion.

Edgee

PS: This is impromptu and patchwork, but only the first installment. Obviously other guild conflicts are still to come. Hopefully we'll have enough of a turnout to show that it can be worth while to do these types of things. I'm sure things can get more refined.

If you are interested, please attempt to contact Edgee or Xeric in game or send an email to my play.net address. Obviously if you know me, feel free to IM.
Re: Are you ready... 04/01/2007 11:51 AM CDT
Clarification: to be held at the barb arena in Crossing
Re: Are you ready... 04/01/2007 11:59 AM CDT
I'm game, and could care less about pride hehe. I lost to Navak 3 times in a row and he's 27 circles lower but I prefer to have a good contest rather than just win my fights easily. I'll go raw skill with any non barb guild as long as they are under 100th circle, I'm 88th. Tonight I will go all out on 100+ non barbs so that those higher non barb competitors can have more competitions.

Executioner Catullus
Re: Are you ready... 04/01/2007 12:00 PM CDT
Then spread the word. It's time for a showdown.