Wardogs again 07/13/2018 03:18 AM CDT

It,s been a couple years since I made the request for the implementation of wardogs as a barbarian's hunting partner so I'll take this opportunity to revamp my thoughts. Imagine a wardog that can be summoned with a whistle to follow the barbarian wherever he may tread. These creatures would aid in hunting and PvP, attacking any that advance the barbarian.
The wardog's ability effectiveness should be applied as Kodius deemed, or in this case, Iocanthe.

Their nose gives them very good perception to find hiders.
They act on their own to sniff and eat the flesh from bones of any dead necromancers.
They will drag their master toward a nexus point at half the pace of a regular drag.

They cannot relay visions of locations to their master.
They cannot deliver messages or items or interact in any way.

X

Re: Wardogs again 07/13/2018 05:44 AM CDT
I definitely wouldn't say no to the idea of combat pets, combat pets are cool, but I'd rather Barbarians themselves be made much more dangerous than being given combat pets. Alternate forms of DPS, war stomp, riposte, etc.

What I would love pet-wise is something like fir familiars. Prediction's ability being moved to a wardog (dragged to another room when stunned/immobilized/etc) would be very nice and free up a precious meditation slot. It would also be cool if you could warpaint them or something to customize them with some kind of passive combat buff (increased IF from kills/hits, increase passive regen, increase voice recovery).

Outside of one specific case (Necros) I've found combat pets underwhelming, they're very high on the "cool" factor but aren't high on my wish list.