Barbarian Wish List 06/21/2018 01:26 AM CDT
Some of these are going to be specific to the guild, some are going to be more general for the game's core mechanics.

* A thrown weapon charged combat maneuver. I can understand why they may have been hesitant to design this when CCM were first released, but I don't see much argument against it now. Barbarians live and die by weapons, and in PvP thrown weapons are a huge factor since most combat takes place at range. CCM already have a huge cool-down to balance them out anyways, treat it like heavy TM and give it to us.

* Instant jump to melee, with a small cooldown that does not allow retreat (barring other usage of engagement manipulation abilities). Personally I think this is what War Stomp should come back as. I understand this would be a big step, but the core game engine essentially allows retreat teleportation. If melee is ever going to be meaningful, Barbs/Paladins/Thieves need ways to bias combat in favor of melee in the same ways other guilds can instantly retreat to range.

* Sanctity of the wards. At some point a barrier review is going to happen. I think stacking wards are important, since other guilds demonstrate that even powerful non-stacking wards can go from top-tier to fringe with only a few small changes to other abilities or core combat.

* NMU equivalent to Sorcery. I'm not suggestion I directly want to use spell scrolls and runestones, but we need to have something similar. For those who haven't played MUs before, imagine being able to choose (almost, with a few restrictions) any other two abilities you wanted from other guilds and learn them on a semi-permanent basis. That's not to mention all the magical items like magic tattoos that give you a huge library of choices you don't get with Barbs and Thieves. "But we're a self-reliant guild!" Well, yes, but having access to a lore booster would be awesome if you were a forger, wouldn't it? And so on and so forth.

* Non-roar disablers. Don't need a lot, one or two would be fine, but the intimidation cloaks really put a damper on our entire range of disablers, and they'r useless against undead. This could be done a few ways: a special guild ability (Dervish?) that acts like a CCM, a new class of weapon (nets that hit/miss based on Lt/HT and do webbing based on the user's debilitation ranks?), or just a new CCM.

* Alternative damage streams. Being able to prepare some sort of damage burst while another is ongoing is a huge function of magic offense. Barbs could use more "damage over time." I don't think this should be the focus of the guild, but again, 1-2 options would be very useful.

* More expertise applications. The analyze combos are quite great for hunting, but something with more universal functionality would be nice. Something like SMITE would be cool. I see the Barb one having a lower damage damage bonus (since we can already get extended accuracy/damage buffs with expertise) and a much longer cooldown (like once every half hour or such), but it would be cool to have that. That's just one offered example, but in general I feel expertise should have more practical, immediate, and brutal applications.
Re: Barbarian Wish List 06/21/2018 10:35 AM CDT
Rhadyn has a file somewhere floating around that had all sorts of ideas compiled by a bunch of the barbs over the years, if he sees this maybe he still has it so we could get something moving again. All I know is I want some fun put into barbs.
Re: Barbarian Wish List 06/21/2018 03:07 PM CDT
Sucker Punch (or Cheap Shot) - Chance to combo attack with your fists (or feet) on attack within the motion of normal main hand attacks (i.e. +0 RT)?
Re: Barbarian Wish List 06/21/2018 04:51 PM CDT
Combo attack that do actual damage or ripostes would be cool.
Re: Barbarian Wish List 06/26/2018 01:03 AM CDT
I still have the list. See under my signature. I love these ideas! Some are similar to ones posted before. I'll add the ones that are new and update the old ones...or you could. The list below is editable by anyone using the link.

My comments:
>* A thrown weapon charged combat maneuver. I can understand why they may have been hesitant to design this when CCM were first released, but I don't see much argument against it now. Barbarians live and die by weapons, and in PvP thrown weapons are a huge factor since most combat takes place at range. CCM already have a huge cool-down to balance them out anyways, treat it like heavy TM and give it to us.

This was on the table in the past. I recommended the verb "maneuver catapult". Could be any verb though. Love it.

>* Instant jump to melee, with a small cooldown that does not allow retreat (barring other usage of engagement manipulation abilities). Personally I think this is what War Stomp should come back as. I understand this would be a big step, but the core game engine essentially allows retreat teleportation. If melee is ever going to be meaningful, Barbs/Paladins/Thieves need ways to bias combat in favor of melee in the same ways other guilds can instantly retreat to range.

Form Wolverine has a "speed to melee range" boost. This kind of recommendation would benefit it greatly. Instant melee with some downsides.

>* Sanctity of the wards. At some point a barrier review is going to happen. I think stacking wards are important, since other guilds demonstrate that even powerful non-stacking wards can go from top-tier to fringe with only a few small changes to other abilities or core combat.

As you said about barrier review, I hope we get something good.

>* NMU equivalent to Sorcery. I'm not suggestion I directly want to use spell scrolls and runestones, but we need to have something similar. For those who haven't played MUs before, imagine being able to choose (almost, with a few restrictions) any other two abilities you wanted from other guilds and learn them on a semi-permanent basis. That's not to mention all the magical items like magic tattoos that give you a huge library of choices you don't get with Barbs and Thieves. "But we're a self-reliant guild!" Well, yes, but having access to a lore booster would be awesome if you were a forger, wouldn't it? And so on and so forth.

I think warpaint, tied to Expertise skill, is a good way to go for this. Not sure about the lore boost though. Good thoughts. Can we flesh recommendations out more around this?

>* Non-roar disablers. Don't need a lot, one or two would be fine, but the intimidation cloaks really put a damper on our entire range of disablers, and they'r useless against undead. This could be done a few ways: a special guild ability (Dervish?) that acts like a CCM, a new class of weapon (nets that hit/miss based on Lt/HT and do webbing based on the user's debilitation ranks?), or just a new CCM.

Huzzah! Net weapons have been requested before. Maybe make them guild specific? Not sure which guilds but this has background lore ability for use. Some guilds get higher immobilization time based on lore? Or only some guilds can use specific verbs of the net like warhorns. "throw net capture" for barbs only that gives a +5 second immobilization. You then have to retrieve the net, like pulling ammo from a critter, contests agility for a roundtime to retrieve it. I don't known. Good idea though!

>* Alternative damage streams. Being able to prepare some sort of damage burst while another is ongoing is a huge function of magic offense. Barbs could use more "damage over time." I don't think this should be the focus of the guild, but again, 1-2 options would be very useful.

Alpha strike, requested many times over the years. Think Backstab.

>* More expertise applications. The analyze combos are quite great for hunting, but something with more universal functionality would be nice. Something like SMITE would be cool. I see the Barb one having a lower damage damage bonus (since we can already get extended accuracy/damage buffs with expertise) and a much longer cooldown (like once every half hour or such), but it would be cool to have that. That's just one offered example, but in general I feel expertise should have more practical, immediate, and brutal applications.

Heck yeah. Expertise should be used in place of tactics for most all barbarian abilities. Additionally, your thoughts are right in line with what we've asked for. One note, the ranks required to unlock our BCMs has been requested to be reduced/re-ordered based on needs for the guild. Needing 1600 ranks to unlock the top level BCM is ridiculous and outside any other ability other guilds require to unlock.

Thank you for your suggestions. Great job!

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Barbarian Wish List 06/26/2018 01:14 AM CDT
FYI I almost removed the link to the suggestions tracker from my signature a month ago since no one was using it in a long time ;-) Hope it regains use. BTW, please note that Kodius has made comments on the spreadsheet which is pretty darn cool and shows that if we make it easier for GMs to have visibility to our needs/wants they will review them and comment.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0