Utility Skill 06/09/2018 07:13 PM CDT
Can we please get some of our abilities moved to the Utility skill?

Staunching bleeding, dive-rolling out of the room when stunned, lowering roundtime of weapons, advancing engagement speed, and surviving death blows at the expense of "mana" are similar to functions other guilds have assigned to utility. I don't think Barbs should be great at it, but some of our abilities clearly fall into the utility sphere, and it would be nice to be able to learn it.
Re: Utility Skill 06/12/2018 04:21 PM CDT
Bumpity bump bump. Thieves are getting their wards changed into warding skill and being grandfathered warding, can we please have our utility skills changed to utility and also grandfathered?
Re: Utility Skill 06/14/2018 07:43 AM CDT
It would be nice, but unless Kodius approves Javac going in and taking care of it, I don't think it's terribly likely. If Kodius did approve that, there's a lot of other stuff I'd love for Javac to poke at.

The justification for why "NMUs" don't have Attunement (and thus Sorcery) sort of makes sense, but the argument on Utility/Warding was always purely about TDPs and the perceived TDP advantage Barbarians had. Thieves just sort of got kicked along for the ride.
Re: Utility Skill 06/14/2018 12:48 PM CDT
The grandfathering of ranks always seems to be done with the expectation that less is more, so I'd personally rather just stick with what I've got and not lose any power from my abilities when I've suddenly got a utility skill that will likely be hundreds of ranks behind my other magics.
Re: Utility Skill 06/14/2018 12:52 PM CDT
Ah, disregard my last post, I just saw this from over in the Thieves forum.

>>Since all Thief abilities that are being converted to Warding skill currently use Utility, Warding will be grandfathered based off of a Thief’s Utility skill.

If this is how grandfathering is being done moving forward I would have no problem with the change.
Re: Utility Skill 06/16/2018 12:05 AM CDT
>If this is how grandfathering is being done moving forward I would have no problem with the change.

FYI, I said based off of, not equal to. It's not a one to one conversion, but better than zero and better than using level reqs.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Utility Skill 06/16/2018 08:27 AM CDT

>>FYI, I said based off of, not equal to. It's not a one to one conversion, but better than zero and better than using level reqs.

So then, are the abilities being re-tuned as per how they interact with ranks, or will every skill moved over to the newly added magic (warding in thieves case) be effectively losing strength overnight, when this rolls out?
Re: Utility Skill 06/16/2018 09:48 AM CDT
>are the abilities being re-tuned as per how they interact with ranks

All the Khri are being moved to the standard difficulty model of Intro/Basic/Intermediate/Advanced/Esoteric. I'm not sure Thieves ever had a method to see the actual difficulty ranges, because they're not standard. Now the existing four tiers have been brought in line with Intro/Basic/Intermediate/Advanced, and one of the new Khri will be "Tier 5" a.k.a. Esoteric.

However, this is a discussion for the Thief boards, so please move it over there if you want to continue it.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.