What Should I Weed Out? 04/29/2018 01:14 PM CDT
I got my last mastery that aids in boosting IF today (Strategos). Now I am wondering what I should cut out and or pick up once I have some more slots. What is worth forgetting to let Agonar bonk me on the noggin again? I am grateful for any suggestions.

Some info that may help: I don't really PvP, but I wouldn't say no if it was in a RP situation. Also, I mostly PVE solo or with a couple of friends when they deem to hunt with my lowly barb (Warmage and an Empath).

Barb Abilities I use while hunting:

anger earth
monkey
dragon or eagle
piranha
bear
python
tenacity
Contemplation
tornado
wildfire

Barb Abilities I have:
>>>Berserks<<<

From the path of the Horde you know the Berserks: Avalanche and Wildfire.
From the path of the Flame you know the Berserks: Famine.
From the path of the Predator you know the Berserks: Tornado and Flashflood.
>

>>>Roars<<<
From the path of the Horde you know the Roars: Anger the Earth and Serpent's Hiss.
From the path of the Flame you know the Roars: Screech of Madness.
You have not been trained in any Roars from the path of the Predator.
>

>>>Meditations<<<

From the path of the Horde you know the Meditations: Unyielding and Tenacity.
From the path of the Flame you know the Meditations: Flame, Power and Contemplation.
From the path of the Predator you know the Meditations: Seek.
>

>>>Forms<<<

From the path of the Horde you know the Forms: Dragon and Python.
From the path of the Flame you know the Forms: Monkey, Bear, Turtle and Swan.
From the path of the Predator you know the Forms: Piranha, Eagle, Owl, Wolverine and Panther.
>
>>>Masteries<<<

From the path of the Horde you know the Masteries: Titan and Strategos.
From the path of the Flame you know the Masteries: Powermonger and Yogi.
From the path of the Predator you know the Masteries: Tribalist.
Re: What Should I Weed Out? 04/29/2018 04:46 PM CDT
You are missing the power suite of roars: Strike/Shriek/Wail (and I personally like rage more as a low-cost and every-day roar than Anger, but Anger's fine too). Even if you don't PvP at all, it's nice to be able to stun everything for a breather without resorting to Hiss. It's also super fun to Shriek/rage/anger and then whirlwind with your biggest weapon of doom for massive damage (and weapon experience).

As to what to unlearn? The abilities I would personally consider are only one slot (Anger and Seek), but they're not terrible by any means and I think you need to keep them currently to maintain your masteries (double check that count).

If you've been neglecting charisma because you don't roar much, dump some TDPs into it now. It doesn't have to be super high to use against hunting mobs. I'd just keep circling for more spell slots, and choose those roars when you are able, in whatever order you like.
Re: What Should I Weed Out? 04/29/2018 06:53 PM CDT
<<Shriek/rage/anger and then whirlwind with your biggest weapon of doom for massive damage>

This sounds like something I would like to try. I will snap them up ASAP.

<<As to what to unlearn? The abilities I would personally consider are only one slot (Anger and Seek), but they're not terrible by any means and I think you need to keep them currently to maintain your masteries (double check that count).>

You are correct. I need all of my slots to keep my masteries currently. I don't think I have ever used Seek. It can surely go.

<<If you've been neglecting charisma because you don't roar much, dump some TDPs into it now. It doesn't have to be super high to use against hunting mobs. I'd just keep circling for more spell slots, and choose those roars when you are able, in whatever order you like.>

My charisma is only 35. I could probably take it to 45-50 with my tdps that I save for when I go to a new hunting grounds. Thank you for all the help!
Re: What Should I Weed Out? 05/04/2018 01:16 PM CDT
As you mentioned that you don't really pvp, then I would say that can cut out a ton of the roars. They are for debil trainings, and we train that easy enough with 1 roar or even using Earthquake for debil training.

Personally, I get by with not using the vast majority of our abilities because some just aren't needed.

For over-hunting, contemplation and tenacity are great. I don't use these at all as I have no need for them. I used to hunt for 3 hour stretches but worked on improving my YAML so its cut down to an hour and I get all weapons moving and then heal up and do some other skills than back to hunting before the weapons stop learning.

pretty much 24/7 skills I use is:
Python/Panther: Depending on if I can hide on the mobs with my clown suit or not. If I can, Python
Piranha
Dragon
Eagle
Monkey - Reflex is amazing
Tornado
Famine
Roars are Wail and Anger.
You will want Bear and Swan/Turtle and maybe Serenity for some caster mobs here and there, but I haven't used these abilities in 6 months. PvP is where they are really useful.

If you are 99% of the time in PVE and losing in a PVP RP environment doesn't fill you with the burning rage of 1000 suns, then you can get away with not having many of the abilities.
Re: What Should I Weed Out? 05/04/2018 07:11 PM CDT
Shriek with decently-high charisma is invaluable for weapon experience with whirlwind in high-spawn areas, it significantly bumps up the possibility for experience gain with weapons, especially with dual whirlwind.

I'd personally say they can skip Serenity if they don't PvP. I do PvP occasionally and still don't use it much.

Otherwise that's all good, they have the large majority of mandatory abilities.
Re: What Should I Weed Out? 05/08/2018 10:18 PM CDT

I’d get strike or wail but not both since they are in the same timer. Wail is better for pvp.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html