Dervish and Juggernaut 12/23/2017 07:00 PM CST
Howdy folks. Wanted your thoughts on the following -

Dervish - Allows a Barbarian to RIPOSTE <combo>. For example, RIPOSTE INTIMIDATE. The next incoming attack then does a Mastery skillcheck to determine if you automatically apply the selected barbarian combo, and counter-attack. 45-200 second cooldown based on mastery skill.

Juggernaut - Adds WARSTOMP NEAR, and WARSTOMP FAR.

FAR does a SvS Reflex check to push enemies back to pole range.
NEAR does a SvS Power check to debuff engaged enemies with a damage increase effect for a short duration

Both abilities would have a 1-2 second RT, and a 60-240 second cooldown based on mastery skill.

I'm open to other ideas if folks have them. Thanks!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Dervish and Juggernaut 12/23/2017 10:04 PM CST
Dervish sounds awesome! As the guild that's supposed to be the premier weapon masters some sort of counter attack type of ability is long over due, and though I don't have a thief I think this is something that falls into their realm as well. Cooldown sounds reasonable but I just ask that we get some sort of messaging when we're ready to strike back again.

Juggernaut I don't have a say in, I have exactly 4 slots open and warstomp has never been all that attractive to me so I'll leave that to others.

While you're looking at things, any chance we can get slot costs evaluated for the masteries? Long ago you said MU feats were so cheap because they were required by magicians to be effective, all of our IF masteries fall into that same exact category and 4 slots is very very expensive to just be able to function "normally".
Re: Dervish and Juggernaut 12/23/2017 10:15 PM CST

Dervish feature sounds pretty cool. I definitely like the counter attack aspect.

I also agree with raiser about Juggernaut and slots. I have little say in Juggernaut since there's so few slots to go around to make it feel like I can "splurge" on fun stuff like that because I basically have to go with other picks just to keep things going smoothly.

That being said.. adding warstomp jump, or maybe just leap in general, as a means to engage from missile range would be a nice benefit and would work well with the push back from melee that warstomp far would have.

Also, slot req on masteries should be reduced, akin to spells at the end of the spellbook having less slot req because of how much the mage has already invested in prereqs.
Re: Dervish and Juggernaut 12/23/2017 10:22 PM CST

> FAR does a SvS Reflex check to push enemies back to pole range.

What about warstomp close? Does exactly what warstomp FAR does, but pulls everything engaged to you to melee range instead.
Re: Dervish and Juggernaut 12/24/2017 04:53 AM CST
I am not sure I like the idea of it pushing anything away from us. I'd rather it cause imbalances, knockdowns, and even stuns, with lowered defensive scores on the opponent. I would love for it to do damage, but I know that'll never happen. Instead of pushing things away from us, I'd rather it have more a trapping effect.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Dervish and Juggernaut 12/24/2017 11:52 AM CST
>Dervish - Allows a Barbarian to RIPOSTE <combo>. For example, RIPOSTE INTIMIDATE. The next incoming attack then does a Mastery skillcheck to determine if you automatically apply the selected barbarian combo, and counter-attack. 45-200 second cooldown based on mastery skill.

I do like where you are going with this, but it should be based off expertise, and not a mastery. I would like to see this ability more like a Dragon Priest Intercessors special multi attack at melee. You would make 2-5 attacks on the target (based on expertise skill), and have the appropriate roundtime applied (akin to throwing blades). The “RIPOSTE” could be started from pole range, with an additional 1-3 second roundtime (also based on expertise). Cooldown could be worked down to 30-45 seconds based on expertise.

>Juggernaut - Adds WARSTOMP NEAR, and WARSTOMP FAR.

>FAR does a SvS Reflex check to push enemies back to pole range.
>NEAR does a SvS Power check to debuff engaged enemies with a damage increase effect for a short duration

First – Your suggestion about FAR – absolutely NO, x100. I can’t stress that enough. Every guild has this ability for free, with almost zero skill check, RETREAT (we also have Hiss). I do like the idea of of warstomp FAR instantly moving up an engagement range, with a very small cool down.

Second – NEAR – Damage increase is OK, but I’m more in line with Squanto on this one, something to knock down and/or cause damage, since this was taken away from us (death’s shriek aside, and even on much littler people, I’ve never managed to knock someone down with it).

As far as slot costs are concerned, I'm in the same boat as Uritel, these should be minimal costs since we've spent so much on other abilities to get these.
Re: Dervish and Juggernaut 12/24/2017 04:16 PM CST
>>I'd rather it cause imbalances, knockdowns, and even stuns, with lowered defensive scores on the opponent.

Those debuffs are already covered by Roars, and so I am unable to double-up on them within the Guild. Every effect also increases the cost by a slot, so you would be looking at something like a 4+ slot ability.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Dervish and Juggernaut 12/24/2017 04:16 PM CST
>>expertise

Yes, expertise is the Mastery skill for Barbarians. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Re: Dervish and Juggernaut 12/24/2017 06:20 PM CST
Kodius,can we please get something that is DFA? Is there a way to utilize Dervish and/or Juggernaut this way?

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Dervish and Juggernaut 12/24/2017 06:25 PM CST
Damaging abilities would have to filter through Targeted Magic. It isn't beyond reason to propose giving Barbarians TM in some form or another and abilities that make use of it... but folks didn't seem too interested in that before.

Re: Dervish and Juggernaut 12/24/2017 06:27 PM CST
>>Damaging abilities would have to filter through Targeted Magic. It isn't beyond reason to propose giving Barbarians TM in some form or another and abilities that make use of it... but folks didn't seem too interested in that before. <<

From what I remember, we were incredibly interested in this. We even tried to help you come up with names for it, such as Targeted Rage.