...and thanks for all the fish 11/27/2009 11:50 AM CST
It is with a great deal of sadness that I have to inform you that, as of December 1st, I am resigning as GameMaster. It was an extremely difficult decision which took me months to actually accept. I've simply had a shift in my life's goals and priorities lately and can not give the game, the staff, and most importantly, you the players, the deserved attention.

To the Barbarians

I leave knowing that I've talked about a bunch of things which have not come to pass yet, and for that I apologize. I feel terrible about it, but it couldn't ethically be avoided - I wasn't going to rush sub-par work just to fulfill promises. I've spoken with Dartenian and a number of other members of the development team and they assure me that you will be well taken care of. I promise you that my ideas are written down and ready to be passed on.

You all have been spectacular to me over the last two years. I took the position of Guild Advocate expecting to be beaten around pretty bad, but I've never once felt any of that. I really appreciate you guys being patient and understanding throughout my entire tenure. I do hope that I have left you feeling that the guild is at least a little better off than it was when I started. I know that I couldn't have asked for a better job in my time with DR. I will miss you guys greatly.

To Everyone

Thank you all for so many laughs (and slams of my forehead into my desk) over all these years. I've quite literally grown up with DR and it has been pure joy to spend time with you all. From my times as a player, to conducting events, to PvP issues, I've enjoyed myself a great deal because of you, the players. Thank you.

Lastly, I have to mention the staff. I just want to say that the DragonRealms and Simutronics on-site staff are one of the greatest collections of people I've ever seen. These are exceedingly creative and fun people who deserve a great deal of respect. I've never worked with better people.

Once again, thank you all for making the past 5 years as a GM and 11 or so total years an absolute blast. I wish you all the best.

Doug / GM Aurdun