Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 06:40 AM CST
You guys are great. You both sound like you know what you're doing CvC wise to the T. I'm totally going to have to look you all up sometime to hone my one on one CvC skills, if ya'll would be willing.

__
~Leilond, the Crazy Anime Ninja 1000-Macro Non-Artificial Bard
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leicollagefinal.jpg
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner_v2.xls
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 08:02 AM CST
See, I was under the impression that if Stolas wanted Galren dead, Galren would be dead. Has Stolas killed Galren yet? Because it certainly seems like he's been trying awfully hard with no success.

________
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 08:40 AM CST
I'll give Stolas credit in that he knows how to use what he has very well. I sit here and try to goad him into "staying and fighting like a man" but we both know if he doesn't pull his attack off perfectly giving me more than one shot in any encounter will result in his death.

I'll also fault him on the same token however for being a one tricky pony. There's more he can do to try and kill me than just opening with mental blast and I think he's really doing himself a disservice by trying to drop me unconscious given my BMR.

-Galren Moonskin

Tusfaov calmly says, "Excellent. The inner fire burns bright within your chest, Galren. You have achieved a new level of enlightenment."

!>You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde screaming in barbaric approval of your deeds.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 08:52 AM CST
>I did see some people in your group when you roared ... but I am sure that doesnt count as helping you. Galren you werent asking for help with locates on the gweth? I know I had to thoughtcast a few people and tell them I would kill them for locating me and helping you out. Perhaps have a WM track me with a familiar? Since there is absolutely nothing that can be done about a bear on your tail. Having an extra barb or two in the room doesnt hurt for area sure doesnt hurt magic resistance either.

Galren is not in a group, he is being followed by his wireless network. Can you hear me now?

I've got these rubber models in my office with all the reproductive organs of both sexes that I keep locked up in separate cabinets to avoid a scandal.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 08:54 AM CST
I got a simple solution to all of this.
Set a Time, Date, And Place. man up and go 1 on 1 anything goes as long as it doesnt involve outside help.
Winner gets bragging rights loser gets made fun of, and cheats well they will get no respect.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 09:26 AM CST
<<Galren is not in a group, he is being followed by his wireless network. Can you hear me now?>>

LOL! I laughed.

:oP Ragran
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 09:27 AM CST
Stolas wont do that..He cannot kill Galren in a one on one fight. If Stolas is not allowed to leave the room he would not fight Galren. All Stolas can do is Mental Blast Galren and then fail to hit him while he is unconscious.

Pathetic.

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 11:24 AM CST
I agree, from what i have read I do not think stolas would agree to such a fight. But still i say issue the challenge if he declines it, then his true colors are shown.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 11:28 AM CST
The challenge has been issued multiple times...Stolas wont agree to it...But he will do the sucker MB out of no where and then run once he gets non-death injury in return.

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 12:33 PM CST
in that case i have nothing more to add.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 12:38 PM CST
This is a great thread.

Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 01:28 PM CST
Yeah I offered a challenge when I was in Shard after he died. Put away my weapon and everything to wait for him to get up and challenge.

Oddly enough, he set some bizzare stipulations. I would not be allowed to dance... or berserk... or roar. Of course, he can and would use every buff at his disposal.

It was only after he was dragged away into a bannered room that I got angry and tried to smite him. I was hoping a berserk in the room would break me out of the calm and let me attack but alas it didn't :(

-Galren Moonskin

Tusfaov calmly says, "Excellent. The inner fire burns bright within your chest, Galren. You have achieved a new level of enlightenment."

!>You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde screaming in barbaric approval of your deeds.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 02:08 PM CST
If it were't for all the trash talk he's spouting on the boards I'd say it makes sense for a Tezirite to not want to fight fairly.

~Thilan
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 02:11 PM CST
>If it were't for all the trash talk he's spouting on the boards I'd say it makes sense for a Tezirite to not want to fight fairly.

I'd say I'd be of a like mind on that subject...however, at this point, I do believe stating that sort of RP would be more of an excuse rather than a reason.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 04:24 PM CST
It doesn't even have much to do with fighting fair...Stolas can't finish the job.

Stolas can get himself pretty much anywhere IG fairly quickly and he still can't kill Galren...even with boosts from all his spells/skills/predictions/cjs/whatever.

I don't think he has enough TM to hurt him even without BMR and definitely not enough in any weapon.

I am --- Navak
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 04:34 PM CST
I'm a one trick pony, kind of like only dancing eagle and using longbow or HT to attack? lol Anyways, I dont see using MB to start an attack as being a one trick pony because I am trying to lower Galren's defenses to the point where my TM hits will land. Galren's going to have high evasion and high shield and he has abilities that he can use on the fly to get them higher.

The problem is that debuffers for MMs are MB and TV. MB isnt so much of a threat because barbies zerk out of the first stun and I cant snap a second MB and have it stick. At least I cant do that before Galren can zerk out and then roar me into a stun. I'm not certain, but I am pretty sure my magical skills and stats are higher than Galren's voodoo stats and skills.

TV might be an option but I would like to apply it while under the effects of IoE's agility/reflex booster. However, you cant make Katamba shards at the moment because of the concentration changes. If you dont have shards you have to wait for the moon is up and that only happens a few times a day and a capped IoE duration is around 15 min. So, I have not been opening up with TV. Might make enough of a difference to debuff Galren where I am not taking hard hits and can handle being in a stun while he attacks.

Maybe after the BMR rewrite I'll be able to snap off some magic on a 100+ barbie. As it stands now, BMR is broken but we all knew that. Until then maybe more PM ranks will help. So what does it take to resist a barbie's roar? Has anyone besides another barb done it without being in a larger group or having a roar cloak?

Stolas

The views expressed in this post are in no way endorsed by the Moon Mage guild or the Progeny of Tezirah sect ... but I am sure they will come around.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 05:24 PM CST
Will contingency work even if they're immobilized? Stolas I wouldn't mind running some tests on you. My Barbie is a really small circle so you can to have fun laughing and resisting everything.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 07:07 PM CST
>>I'm not certain, but I am pretty sure my magical skills and stats are higher than Galren's voodoo stats and skills.

They aren't.

>>Maybe after the BMR rewrite I'll be able to snap off some magic on a 100+ barbie.

Doubt it, but it doesn't matter because...you can't hit him even without BMR.

>>Has anyone besides another barb done it without being in a larger group or having a roar cloak?

Yes. Lots of people. In fact...the last one was a thief resisting a 150th circle barbarian.

I would guess that on average, barbs are less likely to resist roars in general than magic classes.

I am --- Navak
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 07:15 PM CST
Stolas, all I can say is you might need to be more creative, since the MB routine isn't working. I bet I could take Galren down with your character, since he seems to let you get in so many attacks.
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/28/2008 08:26 PM CST
Heh, hell I know -I- could kill Galren with Stolas.

Back when Moaht was playing I'd ask him to test with me from time to time to see what preps were needed to get off a mental blast and how much TM was necessary in order to hit me.

At the time we were both in our 80's and he had no problem putting me down if done right.

I guess you're just -that- bad Stolas. Let me know when you finally graduate from Adan'f. You can come find me in armadillos.

-Galren Moonskin

Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/29/2008 01:36 AM CST
"Maybe after the BMR rewrite I'll be able to snap off some magic on a 100+ barbie. As it stands now, BMR is broken but we all knew that."

I don't think even after a BMR rewrite you'll beable to snap cast against a 100+ barb. Unless they make BMR worthless.. Seriously what would be the point of having BMR if it had no effect what-so-ever.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/

-Rawkus
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/29/2008 04:50 AM CST
probably because stolas isn't any better at pvp than i am, and i admittedly suck at it. :-)

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Dateline Stolas Watch 2008 02/29/2008 08:55 AM CST
Stolas, you need to go on a rampage. Everyone already hates you so might as well do something useful with that, like be a badguy character.

It's an opportunity.

Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page