1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 12:03 PM CST
>>A quality conflict takes 2 competent sides.

So?

This isn't the best conflict because it's well-structured. This is the best conflict because it's amazingly entertaining.
Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 02:50 PM CST
Ya'll are all too funny. I dont mind fighting in a target rich enviroment, read encircled. Then again most people have plenty of backbone when there are plenty of people around to support them. As to being the worst 100+ character in the game ... there is always tomorrow. And you can call me stupid all you want, it isnt like I havent been learning from all that conflict. =)

What you really should be praying for, is that I dont get married to a WM or barbie. You know, so that someone can do the killing after I put you on your back.

Stolas

The views expressed in this post are in no way endorsed by the Moon Mage guild or the Progeny of Tezirah sect ... but I am sure they will come around.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 03:01 PM CST
Sounds like a plan.

________
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 03:04 PM CST
>>What you really should be praying for, is that I dont get married to a WM or barbie. You know, so that someone can do the killing after I put you on your back.

I am pretty sure that is not actually how bonded consent works, by the way, if someone were ever to call you on it.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 03:18 PM CST
I find it funny that you keep calling them barbies when you think they're overpowered. GI Joe might be a better term.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 04:58 PM CST
>>when you don't have enough evasion to avoid an attack from a Barb 25 circles below you

Again, for the record, circle to skill ratio comparisons are pointless and counter-productive. If someone wants to burn through 100 circles for the extra TDPs so that it'll be easier to train, more power to them.

Holding yourself back, when you could be circling quite easily, for the sake of taking on Barbarians that are the same circle as you seems kind of silly in my opinion.

__
We are still discussing options and we are still trying to find the best plan we can that will not bring about the end of the world as we all know it. Well, that isn't necessarily accurate. The world as you know it will end.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 05:07 PM CST
>>Again, for the record, circle to skill ratio comparisons are pointless and counter-productive. If someone wants to burn through 100 circles for the extra TDPs so that it'll be easier to train, more power to them.

>>Holding yourself back, when you could be circling quite easily, for the sake of taking on Barbarians that are the same circle as you seems kind of silly in my opinion.

It has nothing to do with "holding yourself back" and everything to do with taking the easiest possible route to circling the fastest.

If you hit 100th circle and you've got 200 evasion - I don't care what guild you are in, you can't walk around expecting to be hot crap and then cry when you get steam rolled.

This is a game of numbers. Sure, being mega high circle is nice but if you neglect defenses then expect to get trashed. It is that simple. I know a number of combat moonies who "do it right" as well as War Mages and even a few Bards who have no problem training their defenses and circling at the same time.

While evasion and shield may not be a requirement for circling for some of you it is a requirement for staying alive.

-Galren Moonskin

E.`'/. F
Your tears fuel me

!>You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde screaming in barbaric approval of your deeds.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 05:16 PM CST
Ohh definitelly, if you're talking trash and you've done that to yourself(circling super fast but not taking the time to train combat skills), you have no one but yourself to blame for getting insulted whenever you complain.

__
We are still discussing options and we are still trying to find the best plan we can that will not bring about the end of the world as we all know it. Well, that isn't necessarily accurate. The world as you know it will end.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 06:57 PM CST
>>Ohh definitelly, if you're talking trash and you've done that to yourself(circling super fast but not taking the time to train combat skills), you have no one but yourself to blame for getting insulted whenever you complain.

Guess you never knew the kind of person Stolas is.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 08:19 PM CST
<<While evasion and shield may not be a requirement for circling for some of you it is a requirement for staying alive.

Amen. Evasion secondary isnt bad, shield tert is. I wear a small shield on the arm now and I am in the process of bringing Evasion back up to my third survival. If it makes you feel better I am about 20 ranks from 300 evasion and when I eat a CJ I get way above that now. Plus my TM is a little over 300, add in being on your back and another CJ and I am getting close to where I want to be.

When they rescaled MB and then lessened the effects of being asleep it did hurt the way I fight. I just had to train different skills. Backtraining is never fun, but since I have all the spells I want all I really need to do is make myself more effective in combat.

See, I you told I learn.

Stolas

The views expressed in this post are in no way endorsed by the Moon Mage guild or the Progeny of Tezirah sect ... but I am sure they will come around.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 08:47 PM CST
<<Plus my TM is a little over 300, add in being on your back and another CJ and I am getting close to where I want to be.

And you think BMR is why you can't beat barbarians?

SEND[Lirrak] I've got permaconsent on you and Im gonna find you now
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/23/2008 08:54 PM CST
If only I had Evasion secondary... I'd have a lot more than 400 Evasion now. Must be nice.

__
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/24/2008 06:35 AM CST
Wait, wait... you have 300 TM at 100+?

You weren't going to touch me if I was laying down and napping. Good news is in a few months I'll have double your TM in evasion :D

-Galren Moonskin

E.`'/. F
Your tears fuel me

!>You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde screaming in barbaric approval of your deeds.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/24/2008 09:42 AM CST
>I am about 20 ranks from 300 evasion

Seriously?

Wait, wait... seriously?

You're even worse than I initially thought.

________
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/26/2008 04:50 PM CST
>>These spells all work differently. Veil of Ice makes you immune from the next TM attack. Aether Cloak subtracts TM ranks from the attacker. Shear removes mana from the spell so that it becomes a minimal cast. Due to the way that even some minimal cast spells calculations still blow off body parts Shear is the least protective of all of those spells at the moment. Though all of those spells have downsides to having them up. I believe Veil of Ice requires that you dont cast another spell and Aether Cloak is held mana, so both spells put you in passive mode. Shear doesnt let you cast any Psychic Projection spell while you get little or no protection against spells. And yes, I know it does interact with the spell, but if you are still dead afterwards and you actually won the spell contest ... that doesnt sound like winning to me.

So, what I have learned is that...

Shear can no longer stop a spell and stun the caster.

Spells that can completely stop TM are okay because they have drawbacks.

You apparently don't know how to use shear because it only offers you "minimal" protection from spells.

You need more evasion and shield.

Okay I lied, I already knew you needed more evasion and shield.

I am --- Navak
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/27/2008 12:51 PM CST
>Shear can no longer stop a spell and stun the caster.

It can, but it depends on the spell. Targeted spells seem to be least affected by shear, where WvW spells are strongly affected.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/27/2008 04:57 PM CST
>>It can, but it depends on the spell. Targeted spells seem to be least affected by shear, where WvW spells are strongly affected.

No it doesn't, I already read Stolas' post and he says he gets minimal or no protection.

Obviously this must be the truth.

I am --- Navak
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/27/2008 08:11 PM CST
Ok we have a new one.

Stolas knows.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/28/2008 03:14 PM CST
<<No it doesn't, I already read Stolas' post and he says he gets minimal or no protection.

Or it could be that if you cast a spell with more mana behind it than Shear then Shear gives no protection. If Shear does have more mana than the spell then it reduces it to a minimum cast spell ... that still has enough power to kill you. Though CoL was just introduced to take care of that problem.

I would like to thank all the barbies for talking about it so much that GMs took notice.

Stolas

Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/28/2008 04:07 PM CST
So you're saying shear cannot stop a spell and stun the caster.

Thanks, I always hated that part of shear.

I am --- Navak
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/28/2008 04:15 PM CST
>So you're saying shear cannot stop a spell and stun the caster.

Your responses lately have been pretty lame Navak. No one said that.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/28/2008 05:43 PM CST
>>Your responses lately have been pretty lame Navak. No one said that.

>>If Shear does have more mana than the spell then it reduces it to a minimum cast spell ... that still has enough power to kill you.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=20&topic=6&message=3825

Are you even reading the same forum? He flat out stated that the best it can do is reduce it to a min prep spell.

I am --- Navak
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/28/2008 06:44 PM CST
>Are you even reading the same forum? He flat out stated that the best it can do is reduce it to a min prep spell.

Oh, I didn't realize you were replying to him. Yeah I pretty much ignore Stolas personally.

That said, I can't tell if any of your recent posts have been sarcastic, but they didn't really come across that way. It just seemed like a serious departure from your normal posting quality.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/28/2008 06:45 PM CST
I will add that if shear is not capped it is pretty weak. Plus there are ways to bypass it, like shadows/lb wands. The problem is at the high end there is no skill contest. At full shear the caster get stunned, less than full and the target gets owned.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/28/2008 07:20 PM CST
Well, I'm not being sarcastic when I say I don't see the problem if a barbarian becomes immune to beneficial spells.

Isn't that a pretty good restriction to have on most barbarians, especially at higher level?

The only reason it's an issue is because in the current system, immune to beneficial means greater resistance to non-beneficial. At least that is what I hope the issue is, otherwise it just seems silly.

I am --- Navak
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/29/2008 07:23 AM CST
There is a continuum of posting acumen here...

It starts with me at the bottom end of the range.

:oP Ragran
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/31/2008 04:20 AM CST
<<Oh, I didn't realize you were replying to him. Yeah I pretty much ignore Stolas personally.

<<I will add that if shear is not capped it is pretty weak. Plus there are ways to bypass it, like shadows/lb wands. The problem is at the high end there is no skill contest. At full shear the caster get stunned, less than full and the target gets owned.

You do realize that you are making the same point I brought up? I really should start ignoring you, but your "I agree with Stolas'" posts make it all worth it.

Stolas

Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 01/31/2008 01:41 PM CST
>You do realize that you are making the same point I brought up?

Perhaps, but either a. Everyone has you on ignore, or b. No one gives a damn what you think. I'm leaning toward b.
___
~Ternith Sjomah

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
Re: Because Bavest is baiting me ... 02/01/2008 12:54 AM CST
>Perhaps, but either a. Everyone has you on ignore, or b. No one gives a damn what you think. I'm leaning toward b.

I think A and B are the same in a round about sort of way.

Are you having hot flashes or night sweats?
Do you ever suffer from dizziness or experience a severe decrease in libido?

You could be suffering from Mana-pause. Consult your physician today.
1 3 Next Next_page