Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 04:41 PM CST
>You did miss the point. The only two magic skills you can train without making any tradeoffs whatsoever (except possibly in choosing a training location) are PM and Harness, because casting spells usually carries no RT and doesn't consume resources used for things besides casting spells.

You can mindlock PM, harness, MD, and PP without AFK scripting while watching TV, reading a book, drinking marguritas, etc. with absolutely zero risk. Its not like magic ranks are hard to come by.

Ps. Why do war mages always claim TM is trained like a weapon, yet they need fewer ranks in TM to circle than what a similar level Barbarian needs in their secondary weapon?

Remember to always smile and act politely never losing focus or anger and never let slip an unkind word until your dagger is planted firmly in their back.
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 04:48 PM CST
<<You can mindlock PM, harness, MD, and PP without AFK scripting while watching TV, reading a book, drinking marguritas, etc. with absolutely zero risk. Its not like magic ranks are hard to come by.>>

Exactly.

- Simon

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/geek+gaming/-/pv_design_details/pg_14/id_14016668/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

"Do you have a World of Warcraft account?"
"No, I have a life!" (SP, episode 8, season 10)
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 05:15 PM CST
>Ps. Why do war mages always claim TM is trained like a weapon, yet they need fewer ranks in TM to circle than what a similar level Barbarian needs in their secondary weapon?

That's only true between 10th and 20th circles.

And it's claimed to be trained like a weapon because it has to be used in combat, and experience is gained just like a weapon (ie based on how much damage was dealt).

-Durnil
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 05:24 PM CST
>That's only true between 10th and 20th circles.

Never mind, was looking at the wrong column. between 10th and 20th and 70th and 100th.

-Durnil
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 06:21 PM CST
>>Ps. Why do war mages always claim TM is trained like a weapon, yet they need fewer ranks in TM to circle than what a similar level Barbarian needs in their secondary weapon?

Even if they needed more ranks in TM per circle than a barbarian needed in his prime weapon it still wouldn't be comparable. Unless there's a new barbarian training trick that allows you to lock your primary weapon at 700 ranks in 10 seconds (literally 10 seconds).

Until then...it's just not worth comparing.

-Teeklin

"Gown Removed Carelessly. Head, less so." - Joss Whedon
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 06:34 PM CST
Or if our weapons had an attack where we can bypass shield. Don't think that'll be coming our way, though.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 06:37 PM CST
>>Or if our weapons had an attack where we can bypass shield. Don't think that'll be coming our way, though.

Screw that, I'll take the 'mind lock in 10 seconds' option, Alex.

Wish List: Weapon enchanting, Empath romancing, Bardic Screams, and Barb love-beams.
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 06:42 PM CST
I'd like a way to make weapons lock faster via certain techniques available only to the Barbarian guild, but no where near 10 seconds and the weapon is locked. That's just filthy good.

- Simon

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/geek+gaming/-/pv_design_details/pg_14/id_14016668/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 06:44 PM CST
>>I'd like a way to make weapons lock faster via certain techniques available only to the Barbarian guild, but no where near 10 seconds and the weapon is locked. That's just filthy good.

Yeah, almost seems too good to be true. Almost seems a little broken. Almost seems like it should be fixed.

-Teeklin

Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 06:45 PM CST
>>Yeah, almost seems too good to be true. Almost seems a little broken. Almost seems like it should be fixed.

Nah, it should stay right where it is. If they fixed it then there would be a skill under the 'Magic' skillset that wasn't completely broken.

Wish List: Weapon enchanting, Empath romancing, Bardic Screams, and Barb love-beams.
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 06:48 PM CST
<<Nah, it should stay right where it is. If they fixed it then there would be a skill under the 'Magic' skillset that wasn't completely broken.>>

<chuckles>

- Simon

Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 07:32 PM CST
Leave your mentals in single digits and everything will lock up nice and fast.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Guru
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 07:47 PM CST
With a pulse the size of a drop of water.

- Simon

Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 08:00 PM CST
Yes but.... you lock fast and stay locked forever!

GameMaster Niamah
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 08:18 PM CST
Yep.

- Simon

Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/18/2006 10:13 PM CST
>>Leave your mentals in single digits and everything will lock up nice and fast.

Or join the warmie guild and pump those mentals into the 70s. You'll lock up just as fast and gain a lot of ranks in the process...but of course then you'll have to deal with the shame issues that being a warmie comes with.

-Teeklin

Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/19/2006 12:22 AM CST
I heart you Teek.
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/19/2006 11:56 AM CST
>>Or join the warmie guild and pump those mentals into the 70s. You'll lock up just as fast and gain a lot of ranks in the process...but of course then you'll have to deal with the shame issues that being a warmie comes with.

Well, when the Warrior Mages use the mech split as a precedent to move evasion to a primary rate, and when they get their combat-ready fams that include dragons, and when they can and should be able to forge weapons just as good as Barbs, and when blah blah.... then they'll show you.

Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/19/2006 12:05 PM CST
If wishes were dishes we'd all eat on china.

If ands and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/21/2006 06:51 AM CST
its time we settle this. I say we declare war on the mage guilds once we mash em all into itty bitty pieces none of it will matter.
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/21/2006 07:28 AM CST
<<its time we settle this. I say we declare war on the mage guilds once we mash em all into itty bitty pieces none of it will matter.

Can you wait until BMR is fixed first? Please?

- Player of Foresee

Wait, if there are actual dragons it won't be a joke anymore. Then we'll have to rename the game Necrorealms.
Re: Newb inner fire Questions 12/21/2006 11:06 AM CST
>>Can you wait until BMR is fixed first? Please?

Haha. This is Prime, not TF. The Mages would actually stand a chance in Prime, where we've only got a couple 150's that are apparently almost magic immune.

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance.
-Aesop
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page