Re: Dance Re-evaluations 01/30/2006 07:42 PM CST
>Do not pass your opinion off as end-all truth, and read my facts correctly before critiquing them.

That is not my intention. However, your posts contain a high percentage of incorrect statements. Here are some of your inaccurate statements only from this thread...

>The discipline/concentration/circle cost to 'master' Dragon is considerably higher

>Got a khri for every occasion, and you can stack one with any other one regardless of their functions.

>you could get a big boost to weapon ranks and a hiding boost as well.

>Dances are very hard to train down compared to the other set of similar abilities (thief khris).

>It probably takes a long time to get the 'capped' effect as well as compared to thief khris

>Additionally, thief khris have a downtime because they don't cost anything.

>That or re-evaluate them. Khri s* should not > Dragon Dance for combat purposes,
(Incorrect part here is that you implay khri s* is greater than dragon for combat purposes. This one is an opinion a little bit.

>any given khri can be combined with several others to give bonuses like balance

>You need to be double Dragon's starting circle (a circle 9/10 of DR has yet to see, if they ever will) to use Dragon back-to-back

>I did not say every khri is stackable with any other khri,
This is incorrect because you actually did say this. See above.
Re: Dance Re-evaluations 01/30/2006 08:32 PM CST
another one...

>Dude, I didn't say any khri gave a balance boost.
>DIMINISHEDANGEL

>However, any given khri can be combined with several others to give bonuses like balance, agility calc, etc.
>DIMINISHEDANGEL
Re: Dance Re-evaluations 01/30/2006 08:58 PM CST
No offense, but khri and dances, are not related in any way, as we've heard before GVG arguments gain us nothing. Why waste your time and energy. If you are going to complain about any guild having uber skill boosting powers go flame on the moonies. Thank you have a nice day.
Re: Dance Re-evaluations 01/30/2006 09:05 PM CST
>If you are going to complain about any guild having uber skill boosting powers go flame on the moonies.

Yeah burn going to full TM was a nice change though. In full TM form not nearly as deadly to barbs and WMs as when it was hybrid. Now mm have no single target contested to use with shear up (unless they use scrolls like ema) which is helpful when fighting one.

>Thank you have a nice day.

You too. Night by now most likely. But still have a good one.
Re: Dance Re-evaluations 01/31/2006 04:36 AM CST
>>One of the reasons khris can probably never be trained down completely is because they cap a lot quicker. And have the option of stacking. Right out the door, only two circles after obtaining #12, my Thief was well-trained enough to use #1 as well.<<

You're hellbent on this stacking thing. It really doesn't exist in the way you think it is. There are 3 specific khris that can be stacked with each other. 3... not any 3, or 3 little ones. Just 3 specific ones. One of them contains a moderate perception boost... that's the only actual skill boost I've seen in any of those 3.

Furthermore... the ability to stack them is dependant on the khri, not on the level of the thief. Of course you could stack 12 and 1.. because 12 and 1 stack. 4 and 7 on the other hand, will never stack.

Seriously... if you don't know how a system works, don't bring it up.

-Wighten
Re: Dance Re-evaluations 01/31/2006 05:49 AM CST
>>>That or re-evaluate them. Khri s* should not > Dragon Dance for combat purposes,
(Incorrect part here is that you implay khri s* is greater than dragon for combat purposes. This one is an opinion a little bit.

I could choose the khri in question over dragon dance any day. But that's just because it has a much greater effect on ranged weapons than dragon does.

-Teeklin

"I am a leaf in the wind. Watch how I soar."

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Re: Dance Re-evaluations 01/31/2006 10:24 AM CST
You can stack 4 khri...of course out of them only one is really a combat khri the rest are just an ability, focusing, and perception khri.

I guess it depends on how you have trained but for me khri > dances and can still show up some of my berserks but part of that may just be how reflex affects evasion.

I am --- Navak
Re: Dance Re-evaluations 01/31/2006 03:54 PM CST
>I could choose the khri in question over dragon dance any day. But that's just because it has a much greater effect on ranged weapons than dragon does.

Really teek? Very interesting. Even considering dragon's MR boost?

With your decent evasion and stealth I would have thought the MR boost from dragon would have been more coveted.
Re: Dance Re-evaluations 01/31/2006 03:58 PM CST
>>With your decent evasion and stealth I would have thought the MR boost from dragon would have been more coveted.

Well it would obviously depend on the situation, if I was trying to withstand an area effect spell then of course I'd rather have the sick MR than the evasion boost.

But when I'm sparring someone I'm not in the open long enough for them to cast anything on me anyway. The straight evasion boost+reflex+agility+weapon bonus that spar gives is basically everything that I need to fight someone all rolled into one delicious package. I've got the concentration to pull it off and really the only thing that I need that my ranger spells don't give me is an evasion boost, a ranged weapon boost, and a MR boost.

I'll take the 2 over the 1 in most situations.

(PS The 20 evasion from SOP and 35 longbow from STW just don't even make them worth casting)

-Teeklin

"I am a leaf in the wind. Watch how I soar."

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Re: Dance Re-evaluations 01/31/2006 06:11 PM CST
i bet dragon gives more defensive bonus.

i.e. evasion + reflex.
Re: Dance Re-evaluations 02/02/2006 02:35 PM CST
Comparing dragon and khri is apples and oranges. Dragon doesn't have near the offensive punch as the best thief combat khri, like Teek said, but the trade off is basic immunity to magic (talking about higher higher disc/concentration levels). Dragon is also better defensively, without a doubt. Dances and khris are the same in the way both have to be chosen for particular circumstances. Only mages have access to stackable "everything" boosts.