Dragon vs Oath of the Firstborn 06/13/2018 08:55 AM CDT

Dragon-

Slots: 2

+Large Blunt skill, +Large Edged skill, +Polearms skill, +Small Blunt skill, +Small Edged skill, +Staves skill, +Twohanded Blunt skill, +Twohanded Edged skill, Only held melee weapon. (Note, only the weapon held in mainhand.)

Oath of the Firstborn-

Slots: 2

+Large Blunt skill, +Large Edged skill, +Polearms skill, +Small Blunt skill, +Small Edged skill, +Staves skill, +Twohanded Blunt skill, +Twohanded Edged skill, only up to 2 skills at a time.

So, uh, I know this has been brought up, before. I know because I brought it up. Years ago. The mechanics already exist for capturing and buffing from both hands, why is the only weapon primary guild paying the same price for half the buff? Buffing the weapon ranks of the offhand weapon actually benefits us on a more regular basis. Real curious why this is another thing that just completely slipped by.
Re: Dragon vs Oath of the Firstborn 06/13/2018 09:45 AM CDT
Barbarian ability slot costs are out of whack with MU slot costs all over.

Owl's another great example; MUs get +Perception and something else (like Darkvision) for 1 slot.
Re: Dragon vs Oath of the Firstborn 06/13/2018 10:43 AM CDT

TBH I'm fine with the cost if it just gets brought into line with Oath. I would love to have my offhand weapon for whirling buffed.
Re: Dragon vs Oath of the Firstborn 06/13/2018 04:11 PM CDT
I agree.

Dragon should include both main hand and off hand.

Owl should give dark vision.
Re: Dragon vs Oath of the Firstborn 06/13/2018 04:18 PM CDT
The offhand and duel-weapon buff request is very common, and I agree. As I understand it from the last time a GM commented, there is some technical wizardry involved in getting offhand to work for OATH and doing the same for Barbarians' special snowflake system might be difficult. But if it's possible, it should be done.