Forgetting Abilities 02/17/2015 06:56 PM CST
Is it intended that Barbarians have to pay to unlearn abilities and can only do so once per RL month whereas magic users can forget as many spells as they like for free?
Re: Forgetting Abilities 02/17/2015 07:20 PM CST
I know nothing about magic, but yes on what you said about barbs.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Forgetting Abilities 02/17/2015 07:29 PM CST
Magic users used to be able to forget once every 6 months at no cost, once every 3 months with a platinum cost, and as often as desired subject to a TDP cost, but the spell forgetting merchant has been on preview since at least the magic 3.0 conversion. I assume because it hasn't been rewritten to account for loss of the tdp cost portion yet, since tdps are no longer an option for anything except purchasing stats. I'm not sure what the final result is going to end up being once it is fixed.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Forgetting Abilities 02/18/2015 12:10 AM CST
It sucks when you do things "right" and people still hate you for it :P

Paying to forget spells was always intended for mages. I'll poke and see where it is.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Forgetting Abilities 02/18/2015 01:06 PM CST
I vaguely recall the magic team posting about the Throne City spell forgetting mechanism a long time ago, stating that it's going to change somehow. Once a month for forgetting abilities is actually pretty generous considering how spell forgetting worked prior to the current preview period. There's usually some cost to respec'ing in MMOs. If there weren't, choosing abilities wouldn't be a hard decision which is part of the appeal of these kinds of games.
Re: Forgetting Abilities 02/18/2015 03:07 PM CST

Decision making being hard because you can't test out abilities isn't fun though. Forcing a hard choice when the players have experimented and tested with abilities is much preferable.
Re: Forgetting Abilities 02/18/2015 08:08 PM CST
You guys didn't get a free test period?