AI intelligence!! 01/24/2013 08:44 PM CST
Ok so not sure where else to put this so I will stuff it here. This is for Kudious. I have issues with "smart" mobs who POUND same spot repeatedly till they destry that one spot and wont touch any other body part. Was that intentional?

Below is an example I got hit I counted over 20 times in same spot repeatedly. Same has happen to other body parts as well. Mobs now seem to be "smart" and if you are hurt in area X seems like chances of getting hit REPEATEDLY in that spot is 80+%.

Your body feels slightly battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have a broken right hand with gaping holes.

Bleeding
Area Rate

right hand death awaits

You have a crossbow bolt lodged shallowly into your right hand, a crossbow bolt lodged shallowly into your right hand.

Not a single hit anywhere else. Just repeated bounding of the right hand. have had this happen on multiple characters in Assassins. Abdomen, Chest even Eyes which are supposed to be hard to hit. I dont mind getting hit but pounded in the same spot repeatedly I end up having to run to an empath very offten just to heal that ONE spot while rest is fine.

So question is is this intended? Why?
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/24/2013 08:47 PM CST
>>This is for Kudious
Ahem Kodius
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/24/2013 09:11 PM CST
>>if you are hurt in area X seems like chances of getting hit REPEATEDLY in that spot is 80+%.

Hasn't it alwaays been this way? I know critters will target areas of weaker (and especially no) armor.

~The Prydaen~
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/24/2013 09:38 PM CST
Not to this extent. I have armor. LOTS of it. That was a paladin no less.

Here is another sample

You have minor swelling and bruising around the left leg compounded by deep cuts across the left leg, minor swelling and bruising in the chest area compounded by deep cuts across the chest area.

Bleeding
Area Rate

left leg slight
chest massive

Just few areas pounded repeatedly over and over and over... but much.
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/24/2013 10:03 PM CST
Also keep in mind that hits received once already wounded, even a scratch, will be greatly exacerbated very quickly under 3.0 mechanics. I haven't paid close enough attention to know where the actual blow landed when I was already hurt, but is it possible these existing wounds are made worse even if they aren't hit directly?

>>I have armor. LOTS of it.

Sorry, I didn't really mean to suggest that was the problem in your case. I just meant to lump in critter AI targeting wounds with the same mechs that make them target areas where you forgot to armor up. Didn't notice you never put you gauntlets on, for example.

~The Prydaen~
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/24/2013 10:28 PM CST
>> Sorry, I didn't really mean to suggest that was the problem in your case. I just meant to lump in critter AI targeting wounds with the same mechs that make them target areas where you forgot to armor up. Didn't notice you never put you gauntlets on, for example.

It's not critter AI - it's the automatic targetting mechanics.

Leilond and I were loling over this the other day while testing thrown weapons - he wanted to see how different thrown weapons fared vs plate and I didn't anything to cover arms - so I was like "ok just hope we don't hit the arms" and pretty much every single hit was to the arms. It was pretty funny.

So he lent me his leather vambraces and it kept happening. lol. I finally stanced down to 50% and he used THROW CHEST, and he got his data.

Another interesting thing, one of the reasons I dropped FA is because intercessors occasionally hit G, and they somehow always manage to hit the bleeding area, and the combat engine interprets a hit to an already damaged area as 'a hit from 0 damage' which almost always results in a stun - even with 99 Stamina.

lol

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/24/2013 10:44 PM CST

>>Another interesting thing, one of the reasons I dropped FA is because intercessors occasionally hit G, and they somehow always manage to hit the bleeding area, and the combat engine interprets a hit to an already damaged area as 'a hit from 0 damage' which almost always results in a stun - even with 99 Stamina.

Well this needs looking at please. Like I said getting hit no issues with that. Getting pounded in same area till its a pulpy bloody mess is a little extreme.
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/24/2013 10:49 PM CST
Odd, I can't say anything has changed with how attacks choose their targets, critter AI or otherwise. Could be old 2.0 bugs folks are finally happening across.

Also - a damaged area is not any more likely to get damaged when hit than an undamaged area.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/25/2013 05:32 AM CST
Yeah, I was experiencing this in play tonight after the latest sync. I think it's something new.
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/25/2013 03:32 PM CST
>> Also - a damaged area is not any more likely to get damaged when hit than an undamaged area.

Damaged, no. But I don't think the stun mechanics are working correctly. This is every stun stun in a 2 hour span, from Monday. Only wounds at the time were pet bleeders, deep cuts on back and neck.

Also bear in mind that vitality never dropped below 85% at any point. Most of the time it was 100%

* A Dragon Priest intercessor sweeps low at you. You barely fail to block with gargoyle-hide shield.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that cuts the neck deeply with the end of the weapon, stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor sweeps low at you. You barely fail to block with gargoyle-hide shield.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that cuts the lumbar region just enough to bleed a little, lightly stunning you.

The intercessor slashes his blade with blinding speed!
* A Dragon Priest intercessor chops a single-edged sword at you. You barely block with a gargoyle-hide shield.
The Dragon Priest intercessor moves into a position to dodge.
* A Dragon Priest intercessor chops wide at you. You attempt to evade.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that cuts the lumbar region just enough to bleed a little, stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor chops a single-edged sword at you. You barely fail to block with gargoyle-hide shield.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that scratches you in a slash from behind, lightly stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor chops wide at you. You barely block with a gargoyle-hide shield.
* A Dragon Priest intercessor sweeps low at you. You fail to evade.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that scratches you in a slash from behind, lightly stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor chops a single-edged sword at you. You barely fail to block with gargoyle-hide shield.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor chops wide at you. You barely block with a gargoyle-hide shield.

* A Dragon Priest assassin bites at you. You attempt to evade.
The teeth lands a light hit (1/22) that pokes a nasty hole in your neck, lightly stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor chops a single-edged sword at you. You badly fail to parry with a pockmarked kertig sabre.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that cuts the lumbar region just enough to bleed a little, lightly stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor sweeps low at you. You badly fail to block with a pockmarked kertig sabre.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor chops a single-edged sword at you. You slap away little of the sword with a pockmarked kertig sabre.
The Dragon Priest intercessor moves into a position to parry.
The sword lands a hard hit (5/22) that lightly cuts your forearm, lightly stunning you.

!>
* A Dragon Priest intercessor feints high at you. You fend off some of the sword with a pockmarked kertig sabre.
* A Dragon Priest intercessor chops wide at you. You dodge.
* A Dragon Priest intercessor sweeps low at you. You attempt to dodge.
The sword lands a heavy strike (7/22) that wounds you deeply across the upper left arm, stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor feints low at you. You barely block with a lumium skirmisher's shield.
* A Dragon Priest intercessor slices wide at you. You barely fail to block with skirmisher's shield.
The sword lands a solid hit (4/22) that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest, lightly stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor sweeps low at you. You badly fail to block with a scratched steel rapier.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that barely pierces the skin to nick the chest, lightly stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor chops wide at you. You badly fail to parry with a scratched steel rapier.
The sword lands a good strike (3/22) that scratches the right bicep (But another battle scar for your collection!).
* A Dragon Priest intercessor sweeps low at you. You badly fail to block with a scratched steel rapier.
The sword lands a good strike (3/22) that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest, lightly stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor slices wide at you. You fend off little of the sword with a scratched steel rapier.
* A Dragon Priest intercessor sweeps low at you. You attempt to dodge.
The sword lands a good hit (2/22) that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest, lightly stunning you.
* A Dragon Priest intercessor very badly balanced at you. You evade.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor sweeps low at you. You attempt to evade.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest, lightly stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor slices a single-edged sword at you. You evade.
* A Dragon Priest intercessor solidly balanced at you. You attempt to evade.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest, lightly stunning you.

and two from earlier today that made me LOL - the damage level was deep slashes before AND after these hits.

!R>
* A Dragon Priest intercessor feints high at you. You attempt to dodge.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that cuts deeply into the small of the back, severely stunning you.

* A Dragon Priest intercessor sweeps low at you. You fail to dodge.
The sword lands a light hit (1/22) that cuts deeply into the small of the back, severely stunning you.

I bet a direct correlate could be drawn between wound level and the chance of being stunned, regardless of how hard the hit.

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/25/2013 03:38 PM CST
>>I bet a direct correlate could be drawn between wound level and the chance of being stunned, regardless of how hard the hit.

I thought that was intentional.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: AI intelligence!! 01/25/2013 03:45 PM CST
>> I thought that was intentional.

news to me

Re: AI intelligence!! 01/26/2013 02:41 AM CST
We don't encourage pet bleeders. Hits to already damaged body locations do carry an enhanced chance of stunning you.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes