3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 03:36 PM CST
I'm almost to the point where I'm just about to give up and cancel my subscription. Someone please explain to me why/how I have no abilities up and am outside of combat and I cannot start a simple meditation.

med power
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Roundtime: 7 sec.
sR>
Symbolic representations of your inner fire manipulations begin to form.
sR>
The threads of control maintaining your focus, rage and calm are now clearly visible.
s>
The burning symbols indicate no abilities are currently affecting you.

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
s> med tena
Your inner fire lacks the strength to empower such a potent mental activity.
s>
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 03:42 PM CST
Not real sure why my IF bar (a total joke) wont show up so I doubt I can get any assistance..............................
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 03:46 PM CST
<<<I'm almost to the point where I'm just about to give up and cancel my subscription. Someone please explain to me why/how I have no abilities up and am outside of combat and I cannot start a simple meditation.
>>

Hey now, lets take it down a notch or 147.

Did you just die? Have you recently been spamming abilities? Have you actually just been out of combat and sitting there for period of time? How about a little more background?

Feel free to AIM me, especially if your AIM has a picture of you punching your computer screen with DR on in the background.

- Buuwl
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 04:38 PM CST
I believe there is an issue with Genie and the power bar. That could be why your display is not showing.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Mechanical Lore Grand Master of M'Riss
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 05:24 PM CST
No I did not die recently and I was out of combat 8-10 minutes with no buffs on. If mages can have have a mana bar with percentages why cant barbarians have one for IF?

Buuwl, I added your AIM but your offline and I cant message you.
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 05:39 PM CST
Use MEDITATE FLAME to check your fire level. You need to be on the mid to higher end of flickering to start a meditation.

IF won't regen above a certain point. It's a fixed amount(was 33%, now it seems to be 45% thanks Kodius) which means that once your fire regens to that percentage of maximum, it won't regen above 45% unless you're killing stuff. Bear in mind trying to fill your fire pool up to 100% is not only impractical, but not even really worth doing(fire regen from killing could use an uptweak IMO). Now, for the lowdown on abilities:

Meditations have the highest initial fire hit. They won't fall if you run out of fire
Berserks have the highest active fire usage. They fall if you run out.
Forms have very low initial hit+active fire usage, but lower the regen point significantly(from 45% down). They fall if you run out of fire. So stacking too many Forms will potentially lower your regen to where you don't really have enough room to keep abilities up.

I've been starting them in the order of Meditations -> Berserks -> Forms. Would recommend starting with 1 meditation, and maybe 2 forms if you can. Or 1 Meditation 1 Form 1 Berserk. I'd go with whatever your fire/hunting situation will allow, but IMO prioritize them Meditations, Forms, and lastly Berserks in terms of 'fire efficiency'.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 06:16 PM CST
>was 33%, now it seems to be 45%

Huh? How did you get that?
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 06:34 PM CST
my AIM is DRTOOFTF

- Buuwl
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 06:54 PM CST
>>If mages can have have a mana bar with percentages why cant barbarians have one for IF?

The answer given was more or less we aren't lame mages. We don't need no stinking crutches. No idea if that's just the guild's take on it, or a fitting lore cover for technical limitations.

~The Prydaen~
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 07:01 PM CST
>> Huh? How did you get that?

Comparing test pre-release to prime post-release.

You can count the bars if you want to do it by hand. Old regen went up to large. Now its quarter above.

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 07:51 PM CST
You seem ultra confused. Feel free to message me at Izawwlgood.

For starters, MEDITATE POWER tells you what your IF is; if Genie isn't displaying properly, then you can always just guestimate and go from there. What forms/meditations/berserks/roars do you presently have? You can start by putting up one of the lowest forms/meditations/berserks and seeing if they start up. If not, you have no IF and need to wait a moment for them to regenerate.

As for the 'i'm going to quit and the sky is falling', take a deep breath, remember that the core game you love is still here, and try and learn what's changed so you can continue enjoying it. This isn't D1-->D3, this is WoW WotLK --> WoW Cataclysm. There are significant changes, but the game itself isn't totally revamped.
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 07:52 PM CST

>This isn't D1-->D3, this is WoW WotLK --> WoW Cataclysm.

A better analogy might be:
This isn't Soccer --> Squash, this is Squash --> Racquetball.
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 08:41 PM CST
>You can count the bars if you want to do it by hand. Old regen went up to large. Now its quarter above.

Strange, MEDITATE POWER with no abilities up, I am still seeing 33% baseline IF. Maybe it is a rank based increase now?
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 09:21 PM CST
On my brother's 60th barb

The burning symbols indicate no abilities are currently affecting you.

|

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
>

med flame
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Surrounding your reflection is a bright aura of beautiful flames extending a quarter of your height above you.

I count 54 bars. This is with 175 IF.

Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 09:25 PM CST
Its still not showing up right in the forums when you cut and paste. I messed around a little with my barbarian whos 29th circle and I could choose a ton of abilities and keep all my magics moving fine. There is a way to do it at lower levels, you don't need all the tools.

- Buuwl
Re: 3.0 and INNER FIRE WTH 01/22/2013 09:45 PM CST
>>IF won't regen above a certain point. It's a fixed amount(was 33%, now it seems to be 45% thanks Kodius) which means that once your fire regens to that percentage of maximum, it won't regen above 45% unless you're killing stuff.

You sure? I just counted mine 2 minutes ago. 81 total dashes, and the regen cap cutoff point was at 27 dashes. 33%. Here's a picture... spaced out so it can be read better, heh.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > - - - - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha