Weapons move too fast! 10/30/2012 10:52 AM CDT
This whine is like "my burrito is TOO big" or "this chocolate cake is TOO delicious".
I feel like I'm not training terribly efficiently because at any given point only 4-5 of the 9 weapons I'm training are moving. The remainder are clearing to 0/34. Naturally, I expect killing to go faster when I can swing heavies faster than 6s, and can handle a superswarmy critter with a wide training range, but for now, I'm just wondering how many weapons people feel they can keep moving simultaneously?

I'm presently moving stick bows (so yeah, that'll also go faster once 3.0 hits), LX, heavy edge and heavy blunt, brawling, light thrown, and offhand. So maybe once 9 becomes 7 things will also be easier? I'd put stealth in the rotation but I don't want to lug around a tertiary armor set, and am completely burnt out on stealths from my necromancer/moonie. Any suggestions, or just keep on truckin'?
Re: Weapons move too fast! 10/30/2012 11:19 AM CDT
Remove LX from your rotation and add 3 other weapons. For Stick bows, unless you are going for bonus bits (training all 3) just train Short Bow with a Nisha Short Bow.

But really, most likely LX is what holds you back from being able to keep more moving.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Weapons move too fast! 10/30/2012 11:27 AM CDT
No kidding? I liked LX because I can keep wearing a shield while training it. So what seems to be missing from that rotation? Maybe staves?
Re: Weapons move too fast! 10/30/2012 11:47 AM CDT
>No kidding? I liked LX because I can keep wearing a shield while training it. So what seems to be missing from that rotation? Maybe staves?

Using LX with a full aim is akin to training using a weapon that gives 22 second roundtimes. Between the 9 second load and the 12-13 second aim.
Re: Weapons move too fast! 10/30/2012 12:12 PM CDT
Depending on character concept I would throw on a 2 handed variant of something. Halberd or QS are both good and represent poles staffs in DR 3.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Weapons move too fast! 10/30/2012 12:47 PM CDT
If you toss stealths into the mix, start poaching with lx until locked, then start the rest of your weapon rotation. Just use aim before hide and stalk, and that should be plenty of time. You don't need to full aim. Also, once you can dual load your stick bow, that'll lock more quickly, too.

Squanto: think they'll make it so we can swim to the islands?
Codiax: probably not but who knows
Squanto: maybe moonwalk faster on the iceroad with enough reflex, athletics & xibar up?
Codiax: lol yeah totally. have to sing ice ice baby to make it work