Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/13/2011 03:08 PM CDT
Leather roar masks you can buy in guilty pleasures tent is 50 plats and no armor to it. The Chain and Plate ones are though. Just a small complaint as I wear leather primary.

I OWE it all to little chocolate donuts

JOHN BELUUSHI
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/13/2011 03:21 PM CDT
IIRC the armorless masks provide a greater boost to your intimidation.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/13/2011 03:23 PM CDT
And in doing research further, the original merchant never had leather armor but did sell chain and plate versions in armor form.

Again, something to keep in mind for next time. The chain and plate helms were armor, however.

Gamemaster Solere
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/13/2011 03:31 PM CDT
Do these masks which increase intimidation have any bearing on stat contests other than roars?

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/13/2011 06:00 PM CDT
>>Do these masks which increase intimidation have any bearing on stat contests other than roars?

Nope.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/13/2011 09:35 PM CDT
I am a little bit put off that the old roar helms seem to have been nerfed at least to shorten the boost the same as the new ones. Whats the problem with having some old, rare, powerful items around?

BTW the design of the new chain roar helm is awesome..thanks.
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/13/2011 10:59 PM CDT
I don't understand? Nothing should have changed in recent memory as it relates to duration for old or new helms...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/13/2011 11:04 PM CDT
Maybe it isn't a recent change. I just tried the new roar helms and noticed the duration seemed much shorter than I remembered (I used to use my roar helm all the time in creepers and vines which was quite a while ago.) So I tried my old roar helm and saw the duration was the same as the new, leading me to believe that the duration was shortened..but like I said it may not be a recent change as I haven't used the old helm in quite a while.
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/13/2011 11:06 PM CDT
assuming it was changed and I am not imagining things! That was a vigorous period in my DR career though and I think that my memory is correct...?
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/13/2011 11:55 PM CDT
Looks like the last time those were changed was back in 2006... must be your memory :P

Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/14/2011 12:24 AM CDT
Are there Cynr's booze at this fest? If not, why not? :D

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/14/2011 12:37 AM CDT
>Looks like the last time those were changed was back in 2006... must be your memory :P

Could be! Although there is actually a chance that it could have been that long ago though I am pretty sure I had the roar helm before then, and I can't remember all the times I have left and returned to the game for various reasons.

Thanks for looking into it. I suppose I can't pursue a complaint about a change that went in that long ago lol
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 05/14/2011 04:37 AM CDT
Thanks for the reply's. I realize who needs head protection for Barb's, glad for the Roar masks and helms, Thank you!

I OWE it all to little chocolate donuts

JOHN BELUUSHI
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 06/17/2011 10:55 PM CDT
>And in doing research further, the original merchant never had leather armor but did sell chain and plate versions in armor form.

This is late but, I'm not sure what original merchant is being referenced here.

If it is referencing roar helms/masks/faceplates/etc... leather roar helms did/do exist.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Armor:Brightly_dyed_helm_shaped_like_the_head_of_a_screaming_beaked_beast

I am --- Navak
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 06/18/2011 12:08 AM CDT
Interesting, I wonder if that was an auction/prize type of mask. In any case, we'll have some surprises for next time...

Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 06/18/2011 02:46 PM CDT
>Interesting, I wonder if that was an auction/prize type of mask.

They weren't. They were sold off shelf but if I remember correctly they did not protect the eyes..or the neck. One of the two.
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 06/18/2011 08:06 PM CDT
Pretty sure those were sold by the merchant.

~ Bractos
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 06/18/2011 09:44 PM CDT
Whaaaat? A post by Ternith and Bractos? Talk about a blast from the past.

Dragoonseal
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 06/18/2011 09:49 PM CDT
Dragoonseal, it's just your imagination.

~ Bractos
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 06/19/2011 08:42 PM CDT
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Re: Leather roar mask at Guildfest. 06/19/2011 10:46 PM CDT
I actually have that helm, it was sold directly from the IG persona of one of the guild gurus during the true path tent events when I acquired mine (merchant? i dunno). It protects the head and neck.