Roars. 03/28/2009 02:51 PM CDT
I think we should have a roar wipe for the good of barb kind. Or at least to chance to. Thieves new khri they got a two week khri wipe. Mages can forget spells for free when available. I've heard of a quest for it a year ago or more. I wasnt around when the roar wipe happened seem to be stuck with rage/kuniyo Im sure theres others with the same problem, quit being sticklers its just a game. If the quest is gonna take three years to complete how bout ya throw us a bone.
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 04:19 PM CDT
I'm almost 100% certain I've seen Aurdun post in the not too distant past that when roars get reevaluated we'll be getting a new roar preview period. Pretty sure that means there will be a wipe and every barb will be able to use/test every roar for a while, before we need to settle down again and choose.

Ogdaro
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 04:39 PM CDT
What exactly is your problem with Everild's Rage, n00bling?

- Simon
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 06:19 PM CDT
Rather have justice so I could actually hit them, Rage is a waste of time and roar slot. Perhaps is it better than justice but ya know I've never tried justice out :p.
I just think we should have a lil more freedom with our roars. 1 every 10 circles and ya can never try out different roars. So if this makes me a nOObling as you say. For wanting to try out other roars and such I guess I am. Thanks for your at least helpful response NJP.
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 06:21 PM CDT
There's a roar room in the Hibarv..whatever, the guild in Forfedhdar where you can try out roars you don't know. Bring a friend, or you'll have no target.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 08:12 PM CDT
Dear n00bling,

Do you know about overlapping roars and battle cries?

Sincerely,

Simon
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 08:46 PM CDT
Dear Senior Nerd Advocate,
I am aware you can overlap roars. As to which roars I have no idea. If you can show me the light I would find this knowledge very valuable. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Nerd Whisperer Joshuwa.
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 08:50 PM CDT
Dear n00bling,

That's great that you know. Then you have to figure out which roars and battle cries overlap. That's part of the learning experience besides whining because you can't figure things out on your own.

Sincerely,

Simon
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 10:39 PM CDT
Dear Senior Nerd Advocate,

I do not believe I whined about figuring things out on my own. Now that I know there is in fact a place to go test roars perhaps I will figure it out. In fact this thread was a great learning experience for me. I appreciate the people who actually posted something with some relevance. Thank you for all your help kind sirs.

Sincerely,
Nerd Whisperer Joshuwa
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 10:49 PM CDT
Dear n00bling,

<<I think we should have a roar wipe for the good of barb kind. Or at least to chance to. Thieves new khri they got a two week khri wipe. Mages can forget spells for free when available. I've heard of a quest for it a year ago or more. I wasnt around when the roar wipe happened seem to be stuck with rage/kuniyo Im sure theres others with the same problem, quit being sticklers its just a game. If the quest is gonna take three years to complete how bout ya throw us a bone.>>

Learn to use your abilities better. Less whining, more knowledge before complaining. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Simon
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 10:51 PM CDT
Now now Simon be nice to the niblet... you were once a tiny fledgling once too (of course dinosaurs still roamed the earth then but whatever).

As for you Nerdling Whisperer google "Phii's Keep"

- Denz
Re: Roars. 03/28/2009 10:59 PM CDT
yes http://phiiskeep.homestead.com/frontpage.html should have just about anything you want to know about the mighty barb guild.

Re: Roars. 03/29/2009 06:09 AM CDT
Been to Phii's keep great website. I was just wondering how many people have everild's rage and use it regularly. I've seem to hit a button with Simon. Heh. Personally I dislike the roar, usually, if I cant hit I wont be able to hit it after I roar rage. But my charisma is very low.
Thanks to everyone thats helping such a young niblet like me learn the ropes. Providing me the knowledge to further better myself is this wonderful text world.
Re: Roars. 03/29/2009 11:37 AM CDT
Lash
Embrace
Anger
Wail
Shriek
Slash
Screech
Serpeant

These are the roars I have at 100+ ... I realized early on I wanted to use roars so I trained with the intent of pouring TDP's into charisma. I'd gander a guess and say that these are pretty much the cookie cutter roars most folks have.

- Denz
Re: Roars. 03/29/2009 12:26 PM CDT
>>I was just wondering how many people have everild's rage and use it regularly.

I have it and use it constantly. Same thing with Death's Embrace. Together they only use one pulse of voice recovery and I get a noticeable effect from them, though their duration is pretty brief.

My roars aren't instrumental or even necessary to my hunting by any means, but I like to make use of every advantage I can muster. And I haven't specifically trained my Charisma for roaring, it's actually just average.

Ogdaro
Re: Roars. 03/30/2009 09:45 AM CDT
I've noticed the effectiveness of Rage. Moreso when backtraining. It may just be my imagination, though.
Re: Roars. 02/16/2011 07:58 PM CST
P> roar hiss
You release a roar of frustration as you attempt to regain your footing.
You begin to get up and SMACK! your head against the rock ceiling.