Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 06:16 PM CST
I think that barbarians should be able to roar in the guild without some ninny running off and tattling all the time. Not all barbarians are good guys you would think that the populace would put up with some of this out of fear of repercussion if nothing else
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 06:37 PM CST
Or have Agonar come over and give ya a cuff if you disturb his guildhall or something heh
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 07:04 PM CST
We should be allowed to roar in our guilds no matter how you look at it. I would also suggest to remove the 'no-steal' zone in the Crossing Barb guild. It's too War-Mage-like.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 07:28 PM CST
<<We should be allowed to roar in our guilds no matter how you look at it. I would also suggest to remove the 'no-steal' zone in the Crossing Barb guild.>>

Yep, I agree.

- Simon
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 08:01 PM CST
whew for a minute there I thought I was hell-banned lol. I agree with the no-steal restriction being removed. It would also be cool, since the arena is two men enter one men leaves, if we could gain experience in there.(if you die sorry no exp). I know that is probably a lot to ask coding wise but heck it would make for some professional gladiators, which would be beyond awesome if you ask me.
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 08:05 PM CST
Oh yes I forgot it would also be almost impossible to defend against abuse in the system but hey doesnt hurt to consider it..
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 09:44 PM CST
There won't be EXP gain from PvP. Sorry.

~GM Aurdun
Barbarians' Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion
History Guru

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 10:11 PM CST
>>There won't be EXP gain from PvP. Sorry.

Wholeheartidly agree with this for an infinite amount of reasons... that said has there been any consideration to the trophy system. Ideally I was thinking along the lines of Diablo's ear system.

- Denz
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 10:16 PM CST
I can't see a PvP experience ever being given. However, what are the thoughts on being allowed to use our roars in any Barbarian guildhall?

<<that said has there been any consideration to the trophy system. Ideally I was thinking along the lines of Diablo's ear system. >>

Can you remind me what this is?

- Simon
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 10:24 PM CST
>>that said has there been any consideration to the trophy system. Ideally I was thinking along the lines of Diablo's ear system. >>

>>Can you remind me what this is?

In Diablo PvPrs/PKrs (Player Killers are they where more commonly refered to since Diablo wasn't intended to be PvP) would carry around a belt of ears full of thier vanquished foes. So in DR I picture would be something like the example below. The owner could then show it to someone and each ear would be Tattoo'd with the name of the victim.

Look Simon

You see Simon, A frail halfling Barbarian with a gimpy leg. He is wearing a grotesque belt of bloodied and tattered ears

Show Look

Simon shows you his belt of bloodied and tattered ears. You notice the names of Gavyn, Pureblade & Frogspawn tattoed on the ears

- Denz
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 10:32 PM CST
That's a cool idea, thanks for sharing that. Ears, hair, head, legs, hands. All trophy claims. ;)

- Simon
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 10:37 PM CST
Funny how you didnt harp on the frail halfling with a gimpy leg thing.

- Denz
Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 10:41 PM CST
>>That's a cool idea, thanks for sharing that. Ears, hair, head, legs, hands. All trophy claims. ;)

eyes and fingers sometimes teeth too i don't think toes are generally used as trophies or id say those too.

id go for ears and teeth myself although iv got a nice collection of rat skulls and a partially digested rats head that i need to have turned into a necklace.

Re: Roaring in guilds 01/31/2009 10:41 PM CST
I laughed on the inside about that one. Don't worry ;)

- Simon
Re: Roaring in guilds 02/01/2009 12:35 AM CST
I'll have to discuss the roars thing. And trophies are something I'd like to see as well, but that's another ball of wax all together.

~GM Aurdun
Barbarians' Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion
History Guru

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn
Re: Roaring in guilds 02/01/2009 12:39 AM CST
>There won't be EXP gain from PvP. Sorry.

Aww comeon you can make it work in the arena system :) I have faith

lol ok maybe not in the next decade eh
Re: Roaring in guilds 02/01/2009 06:03 AM CST
<<We should be allowed to roar in our guilds no matter how you look at it. I would also suggest to remove the 'no-steal' zone in the Crossing Barb guild. It's too War-Mage-like.>>

<<Vinjince>>

agreed and agreed.