gwethsmashers 11/28/2008 11:01 AM CST
As someone who has never played a Barb as a character for long let me say first I am sorry if posting in your folder offends anyone.

My general feeling though is that if you can use a set of gwethdesuans and a abredine ring you should in all realistic fairness be able to use a gwethsmasher.

Celitha
Re: gwethsmashers 11/28/2008 11:40 AM CST
I wish we could use them.

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: gwethsmashers 11/28/2008 11:59 AM CST
there's a problem with us using them, the stat challenge is all wrong for a barb and i think they constitute as using magic.

Re: gwethsmashers 11/28/2008 12:17 PM CST
One of if not the biggest downside to having BMR, although I agree that we still should be able to use 'em. I can get SW casted on me (albeit for a short duration) but I can't use a gwethsmasher?

I really really hope that a lot of these magical items/systems that we are left out of are taken into account when BMR gets nerfed. Since I enjoy playing Barbarians the most, I'd happily give away any and everything magical for BMR, but I just hope that BMR isn't made useless considering the fact that giving up tons of useful magical items for it can be a disadvantage in some ways.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: gwethsmashers 11/28/2008 12:52 PM CST
<I really really hope that a lot of these magical items/systems that we are left out of are taken into account when BMR gets nerfed. Since I enjoy playing Barbarians the most, I'd happily give away any and everything magical for BMR, but I just hope that BMR isn't made useless considering the fact that giving up tons of useful magical items for it can be a disadvantage in some ways.>

I agree, During every plat instance auction, I have to ask for every item, "Is this barbarian friendly?". I still have no idea why the living spider silk cloaks are considered magical. They must eat mana or something. I understand BMR is over powered but we do give up a lot for it and with new things coming down the road like echanted weapons, we look to be giving up even more.

I miss getting SOPed, what a great spell that was!
Re: gwethsmashers 11/28/2008 09:51 PM CST
Oh noes! Me no can use majik whut me gonna do??

Hush you ninnies!

Magic is not a crutch. Its just something Mages need to get through life.
Re: gwethsmashers 12/01/2008 09:56 AM CST
>there's a problem with us using them, the stat challenge is all wrong for a barb

Hogwash!

Re: gwethsmashers 12/30/2008 06:57 AM CST
>>I understand BMR is over powered<<

Remember, only overpowered in the top end......I been playing for several years and mages have no problem smacking me around with magic.

>>but we do give up a lot for it and with new things coming down the road like echanted weapons, we look to be giving up even more.<<

.....enchanted weapons would be nice to use :( Can we put lantern oil on our swords and light it to do extra fire damage?

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html