berserks 08/28/2004 04:28 AM CDT
Ok now, lets say you get to the first circle you get the berserk option, works well, now with the next berserks you might as well be dead, first off you cant pick anything up, can't eat any herbs, you cant do anything but fight which is ok in some cricumstances, but how can someone make the berserks knowing your bound to drag, eat herbs, pick stuff up, etc. not know this would be the case.

all i got to say is that most are avoiding them, and for good reason i will not give up the berserk i have till they are fixed, and feel bad my friend is now mad he got it lookin forward to only death cant retreat and now he cant berserk less he just wants to die. so another issue to be discussed, if not ill avoid it and warn others to do the same.

kinda gettin fed up anyways, one more thing wont hurt to much to bicker about
Re: berserks 08/28/2004 09:59 AM CDT
You keep forgetting that a GM's main responsibility is to keep you entertained while finding new ways to kill you! <wink>

You're guaranteed access to an ability. Performing that ability well is up to you.

Becoming skilled is more satisfying than being skilled.

Attain greatness the old-fashioned way.

Be a role model.

Just do it.

<grunt>

Beloric
Re: berserks 08/28/2004 01:14 PM CDT
I don't see why you can only look forward to dying with the new berserks? Even with the lower ones that don't allow you to retreat, kill kill kill and then run away if you want to do it like that.

Yes there are some serious issues with them and it is being worked on.

I am --- Navak
complaint about stacking berserks 03/13/2010 11:00 AM CST
Just a small item, but if I am stacking berserks, such as berserk stone and berserk blood, and one ends before the other, there is no messaging to show it ending.

Example - fighting 4 critters with berserk stone up. decide to berserk blood and kill two. continue dancing with 2 and killing any extras that come in. Berserk stone wears off but blood continues. No message is given to indicate berserk stone ended. The only message is when the last berserk that is running is completed.

Whirlwind Wartug Skullcleaver
War Cyclone of M'riss
Gor'Tog Barbarian

"You live and die by the only thing you can control: your choices. Choose wisely."
Re: complaint about stacking berserks 03/13/2010 11:22 AM CST
It's a well known issue.

For me I do a few things, with Stormfront I see my health bar drop below 100 % or I lose the invigorating message in combat scroll when Stone wears off, I also check info regular to see if my +'s are listed after strength to see if blood is still going.
Re: complaint about stacking berserks 03/13/2010 03:59 PM CST
I've noticed I can figure out which berserk is ending by whether I am mighty in spirit or having any vitality hits- but it is true that there is no specific messaging about a berserk ending while another one is up.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: complaint about stacking berserks 04/23/2010 10:53 AM CDT
Be nice that when they rewrite everything to be able to get separate messaging on individual berserks ending.

I remember reading that something will be in the works towards this though, that was a long time ago so I might be wrong

I know all about Paladins, trust me. All they do is boss you around and tell you what to do.
"Don't walk on the grass, don't litter, don't rape the cycle of life with your unclean Power" blah blah blah.
-Tsukiko OOTS
Re: complaint about stacking berserks 04/25/2010 12:08 AM CDT
You can count on ability messaging improving with the rewrite.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: complaint about stacking berserks 04/25/2010 05:51 AM CDT
Anyone else think Kodius's icon looks like a palie? ;-)

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss