Shriek's high end success does not work 01/03/2018 07:28 PM CST
Kodius, I don't know if this is on your radar or not, but Shriek's high end success only erratically seems to work. We pay a slot for the 'drop to knees' effect, but it basically never works.

xxx is a level 0 commoner with basic stats - should be beyond reasonable doubt that Gort should get high end success on him.

> ass
You assess your combat situation...

You (adeptly balanced) are facing xxx at melee range.
xxx (solidly balanced) is facing you at melee range.

> roar shriek at xxx
With unrelenting battle fury and sublime confidence, you recall your training in the Death's Shriek technique and voice your power in a roar of true warrior's rage.
xxx appears weaker and less sure of his ability to defend with a shield.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

xxx growls, and throws off the weakness debilitating his limbs.

> ass

> roar shriek
With unrelenting battle fury and sublime confidence, you recall your training in the Death's Shriek technique and voice your power in a roar of true warrior's rage.
xxx appears weaker and less sure of his ability to defend with a shield.

R> ass

> roar quiet shriek

???

R> ass

You (nimbly balanced) are facing xxx at melee range.

> roar area shriek

>

???

Clearly very buggy - area and quiet don't work at all in this case.

/salute, thanks

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 01/03/2018 07:58 PM CST
When I said it was acting erratically, this is what I meant:

Appearing to have lost sight of its target, an ice archon stops advancing.
> roar area shriek

An ice archon appears weaker and less sure of its ability to defend with a shield.
An ice archon appears weaker and less sure of its ability to defend with a shield.
An ice archon suddenly falls to its knees from the pain of near-death!

> roar quiet shriek

With screech as a debuff:

> roar area scree

You throw your head back and let out a high-pitched roar, inviting madness upon your foes.
An ice archon appears weaker and less confident with attacking.
R>
Bits of frost coat each of the ice archon's limbs as it moves about.
R>
* An ice archon feints low at you. You block solidly with a puffy-white targe sealed with protective wax.
R>
* An ice archon chops wide at you. You block with a puffy-white targe sealed with protective wax.
R> roar area shriek

By the numbers, I should have had high level success on all of them.

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 01/12/2018 01:58 PM CST

Hm, wonder if the issue with shriek and PVP is similar to earthquake not really working in PVP.

Area also seems to be buggy depending on the roar - I believe wail and hiss work but some of the other ones do not in PVP? Would have to test each of them again.
Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 01/17/2018 03:23 PM CST
I made some changes to roars AoE detection last month, and to how Earthquake was detecting targets. Please re-test and let me know if you are still having issues with any.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 01/17/2018 09:08 PM CST

>>and to how Earthquake was detecting targets.

Just did a test with earthquake up against another player at melee and it never pulsed over the course of ten minutes. Restarted it once to make sure.

In regards to PVE, I noticed that even with four creatures engaged to melee on me it only hits one or two critters. Is this in error, the way it's supposed to work (limited AOE), or is this a rolling pulse that targets different targets each time?

>>I made some changes to roars AoE detection last month

Roar area wail did nothing while engaged against a player, however if I just did "roar wail" it hit the person I was engaged with.

> roar area wail
Your fury collides with the Serene barrier surrounding your mind, straining your voice!
The technique of the Banshee's Wail flows fluidly through your mind an instant before you unleash its power through a roar of fatal intent.

> roar wail
Your fury collides with the Serene barrier surrounding your mind, straining your voice!
The technique of the Banshee's Wail flows fluidly through your mind an instant before you unleash its power through a roar of fatal intent.
Something about xxx weakens your attack.
xxx appears to be frozen with fear!

Same thing with roar area hiss.

And anger.

And rage.
Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 01/18/2018 09:35 PM CST
>>In regards to PVE, I noticed that even with four creatures engaged to melee on me it only hits one or two critters. Is this in error, the way it's supposed to work (limited AOE), or is this a rolling pulse that targets different targets each time?

It has a % chance to fire on each engaged target every so often. So yes, you should see it hopping around with regards to which target it has. Would you verify that you didn't happen to be grouped with the player you were testing with?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 01/18/2018 09:41 PM CST
I tested roar area a week and a half ago at the Wyvern Trials and now that I know it changed back in December, yes, it has changed for the worse. Right now Roar Area doesn't affect people it would normally affect prior to the change. Did the same test as stated at melee. Roar Area Wail no joy on anyone at any range. Roar Wail locked him up at melee.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 01/18/2018 10:05 PM CST

>>Would you verify that you didn't happen to be grouped with the player you were testing with?

Yep! I was not grouped with the player as either the leader or follower. This was the scenario with both the roar tests and the earthquake test.
Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 01/19/2018 11:03 PM CST
>> It has a % chance to fire on each engaged target every so often. So yes, you should see it hopping around with regards to which target it has. Would you verify that you didn't happen to be grouped with the player you were testing with?

Yes, Earthquake is another one that barely works. I fired it up when Uritel and I were goofing around with abilities, and out of 10 minutes, most of which were spent at melee, it fired off ?once? I think?. This was like a week or a week and a half ago.

Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 01/30/2018 06:37 AM CST
>>It has a % chance to fire on each engaged target every so often.

I'm curious, but why is it a % chance less then say, 100%? All other cyclic style abilities contest the available targets based on ability style (Engaged/Creatures/Area/Rimefang Blades,etc). I will fully admit my barbarian is shelved, so I don't have a horse in the race here, but why are Barbarian's suffering from an extra handicap?

As long as the ability has a contest involved, and isn't auto-success, I frankly don't understand the addition of an additional constraint of a random target factor.

Samsaren
Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 02/10/2018 07:59 PM CST
When designing the abilities it was required that I add handicaps in. I have a proposal up for new development and ability updates, but I don't have an ETA for it yet.

Re: Shriek's high end success does not work 02/11/2018 01:21 PM CST
I, for one, appreciate any attention you give us Kodius. Thank you!

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0