More Analyze Intimidate Wonkiness 10/22/2016 03:47 AM CDT
Mage's viewpoint:

Your recent intimidating experience locks up your muscles, preventing escape!
Roundtime: 1 secs.
>retr
>retr
retr
>retr
retr
>retr
>retr
>retr
retr
>retr
>retr
retr
>retr
>retr
>retr
retr
>retr
You retreat back to pole range.

Half the retreat commands simply don't parse, and it's not because of roundtime. Try to retreat and often nothing happens, including the roundtime.

The "V4 is 100" stuff is still around too.
Re: More Analyze Intimidate Wonkiness 10/22/2016 02:32 PM CDT
Has anyone tested out the duration of intimidation on the player affected? How long does it last?

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: More Analyze Intimidate Wonkiness 10/23/2016 02:03 AM CDT
For me it seemed to last about 12-15 seconds. That was with 600 Expertise, not sure if the duration changes or if that's the cap. I updated Elanthipedia with the relevant info.

I knew it prevented retreating but I was unaware it had a decent duration and also granted 1 second of RT whenever they try to escape. There's also no message for either party when the debuff ends. Though there probably should be, that ends up working out in the Barbarian's favor, as the enemy will be left guessing when they can retreat and risk some roundtime if it's not over yet.

It might be worthwhile to use with Wolverine form if someone is proficient in SEs and can get ~1 second attacks on something like a hawkbill. The duration of ANALYZE INTIMIDATE is actually pretty long (60+ seconds as I recall from my timing, anyone confirm?) and doesn't require successful hits, just performing the attack, so it's even theoretically possible to just hold a small edge weapon and do the attacks to prevent retreating while using macros to switch to your real weapons when necessary. A bit of a juggling act, but possible.

Note that the ability simply prevents retreating via the RETREAT verb, it doesn't seem to interfere with other methods of engagement manipulation. Whole Displacement was still possible, as was knockback via Halo.

I don't imagine it will get a lot of use, regardless, but I think it's a neat tool to have.